vibration

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yes, i had the back jacked up. The rear end was moving like bouncing at 38 mph. It did the same with 3 sets of rims. Unless all of them had broken beads. I did change the pinion seal. I got it put back on to what i feel was tight enough. It needs to be like 450 foot pounds. Maybe something went hay wire.

I dunno man, but I'm thinking you got a squirrely rim or two in each of your three sets, they need to be match mounted, or something along those lines...

that's the only thing with enough weight and mass to bobble a differential that's mounted to the springs.

You do feel the same vibration driving and it definitely shakes the back end of the truck?

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i feel it. I am putting in new gear oil today, then going to spin it with out the tires. I will use a couple lug nuts on the hub, then bring it to 38 mph. It could eliminate wheels.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new gear oil seemed to help a lot. The old stuff(3 months) was like glue. I do not have any idea what happened to it. I think the ring and pinion is out of adjustment and whining and clunking. But the shaking seems to have really mellowed out. i only drove it like 2 miles but seems to be better. I will post back tomorrow. I will drive an hour tomorrow i have to go somewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14