Vista is pissing me off

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peter, Try this.......

Fill in website forms and passwords automatically

The information in this Help topic applies to Windows Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Internet Explorer 8.

Internet Explorer uses a feature called AutoComplete to store passwords and other information that you type into web form fields. By storing this information, Internet Explorer can automatically fill in form fields if you begin to type the same information later.

AutoComplete is turned on by default. If AutoComplete has been turned on, follow the steps below to turn it off.

To turn off AutoComplete
Click to open Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Content tab.

Under AutoComplete, click Settings.

Leave the Web addresses box alone, Uncheck Forms, User names and passwords on forms, and Prompt me to save passwords check boxes.

Click OK twice.

Let me know if it works

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I just turned off the marks for autocomplete of usernames and passwords. I expect that should cover it but have not tried a site to see for certain. I have also installed firefox. I hope it will work better on vista than it does on xp.

Thanks for the help!

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
vista seems ok so far. Only I can't find the disk defragmenter. IE is still prompting me to save login info even though I unchecked the respective boxes in Options. Im using Firefox so it won't really matter. Just annoying.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Defrag is in the Control Panel under Performance Information, then click on Advance Tools and you should then see Disk Defragmenter. That should get you going.

Dave :)

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skip the $300 and get a real operating system: Ubuntu Linux

My oldest son is a software developer and he likes Linux. Several years ago he worked in Missouri for a company that had several small radio stations. Their servers that ran on Windows was always having to be rebooted. They never had any problems with servers that ran on Linux.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58