WaaaaaHooooooo!

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
After reading all about the goodies my fellow Diesel'rs are doing I bit the bullet.
ordered the 203* T-stat, Blu CPS, Hellwig RR swaybar and a Banks Power Pack. (Don't tell my wife!:eek: ). Now I just need the upper Rad hose and I should be set! Yep... that's all I need.:roflmao
I couldn't even type that with a straight face:oops:
If anyone has installed the Banks set up any and all comments welcome-popcorn !
I will say one thing, if the little princess ever finds out you guys are my inspiration for going broke... well, you'll know cause my access will be :nutkick: :oops: :eek:! But for now... :ZigBang:

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
its terrible the addiction is spreading like the avian flu

aint it great
my list just keeps adding up
with strategically placed moma toys inbetween so we stay out of HOT water or go on mod suspension for three days :eek:

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
Yea, but I prefer this!
Oh yea, and one other little item I won't reveal until it's done.

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DavidJ said:
If anyone has installed the Banks set up any and all comments welcome-popcorn !

Installing Banks stuff isn't any different than installing hi-po components from other manufacturers. The most tedious part, IMO, will be the intercooler R/R. While you're at it, you might as well do the CCV Mod so you won't get crankcase oil all over your nice new (read: EXPENSIVE) intercooler and tubes. Read my thread HERE for my notes on the intercooler swap (I put my stocker back in, but there's no difference in the procedure).

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
CCV Mod

Is it going to cause any lube problems with the turbo? I used to run road draft tubes long ago when it help gassers, but with all complex going on's in the new engines will it hurt anything that may be using the oily air?
Great article!:thumbs

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DavidJ said:
CCV Mod

Is it going to cause any lube problems with the turbo? I used to run road draft tubes long ago when it help gassers, but with all complex going on's in the new engines will it hurt anything that may be using the oily air?
Great article!:thumbs

The turbo isn't lubed by the crankcase blowby so moving the CCV won't matter a whit for turbo life. It has it's own oil feed that comes up through the turbo pedistal.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Your turbo only needs oil for the bearings, not the wheel itself. Do the CCV mod, and do it to the exhaust like mine if you can. Bryan

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. That'll be done before reassembling. I did the blue CPS this evening, would have taken 10 minutes if the old unit wasn't so cranky, but on the plus side it looked original and by the other write ups I'm glad I got 94K out of it! The new one does appear to be quieter and the motor seems almost to have found it's CHI'.

SprintRacer26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better keep that CPS in the glove box with a 10mm wrench, the blue cps is even more notorius for failing.......

edit: a user from FTE has already had his blue CPS fail, and an International mechanic said that the blue cps are being sold almost on a weekly basis while the t444e cps's are 1 every few months :(

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg