WaaaaaHooooooo!

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
Finally

It's 1030 am and I'm sitting in the Banks waiting room like an expectant father.
This place is GIGANTIC!!! They pretty much own the whole street! Very Clean, Courteous, Professional and Friendly operation. Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait:woo :woo :woo
I put the HX oil line in last night so it would be done. What a BBBEEEAAATTTCCCHHH!!! I used the Flex hose version so the line up was a bear, but I prevailed!:sweet. Start up was smoother and engine runs quieter even yet, but that will change after the install:thumbs :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Do post up some pics when you get a chance there David,I dig seeing worthy investments appreciated:sweet

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
:( :( :(
They got it running, but before they could explain everything it developed a major electrical issue. One highbeam stayed on, the opposite headlite was at about 3watts with no functioning turnsignal, the rear wiper started on it's own and wouldn't turn off unless you turned the ignition off, the front wipers crawled up about half way and stopped, no headlight switch control, and the topper... when you turn the highbeams on the engine dies. Any ideas?:dunno They had it all day yesterday and said the switch for the turn signals went bad. How does that affect headlight and turnsignal switches that are separate?:dunno Banks has been real good about it and gave me their rolling billboard shop truck to use in the interum, but... WHAT NEXT! I'm out of my league with this one, any ideas?
It did sound AWESOME! Smooth, throaty and not to loud.:sweet

On a different note, they were dyno'ing the twin turbo duramax for the show 4x4 Extreme that's on the Spike channel. I got to meet Jesse and Ian from the show, Jesse is even purty'r in person and both are very nice. The motor is going into a project called the Urban Gorilla, an old suburban chassis with the aftermarket hummer body. They wouldn't let me see cause it was in their top secret building :( and my phone camera doesn't have flash so the pics I took of them are to dark. When I get my X I'll bring my digital with flash!

Last edited:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been following that buildup. It's going to be sweet when complete. :sweet It looks like they have a lot of fun on that show.

And, ya gotta love a girl that looks like her, and can out wrench any of us. :sweet

Barrett

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The upper radiator hose mod is removing the one that goes thru the serpentine belt to "around" the belt,if you break a belt while on the road and have the "thru" belt hose you have to drain a few gallons of coolant on the ground to install the new/replacement belt so the "around" version is the only way to go!:sweet

The Blue CPS is the one from the International DT466 engine but is compatible with the T444E/7.3L Powerstroke engines.It's said that it has a stronger magnetic pull which can result in a more accurate read than the stock CPS thus producing possible performance and mileage gains(results vary truck to truck)

Bill :cowboy:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The Blue CPS is such a new item to us modders that not many of us yet has posted measured mileage gains but stronger,better accelerating engines have been reported around the net,even some stated engine noise quieted down some.

I'm yet to evaluate one as well:sweet

I know Garrett stocks em in his STORE :cool:

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
On the Road Again!!!

Picked up the X last night. What a great bunch of guys, Cliff the Assistant Install Manager came in on his own time cause he knew how excited I was to get my truck back. The loaner they let me drive was the very first 7.3 they modified so I got to drive a little history.:hail :thumbs . I also met Gale Banks, great guy and very down to earth. He was the last one to leave! That's dedication:hail.
I haven't taken any pics yet, but I go on Vacation Sunday and will then. It turns out the electrical issue was a relay connected to the multi-switch just below the radio. They not only GAVE me a new multi-switch, but relay as well plus install. How can you beat that, Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!:thumbs
It runs super smooth, turbo does what's advertised, exhaust is not loud, but a harmonious grunt, at cruising speed the 35" mudders were louder. The power increase is amazing! I Put my foot in it on the onramp I use daily and in half the time not only was I at, but surpassing 70mph w/o effort. By the time my brian comprehended all of this I was at 80 and had to completely release the pedal to slow down. I just wasn't used to this kind of reaction from my X :sweet :sweet. I am more than pleased.
Pictures to come!:ZigBang:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg