Waiting for a shipment by UPS?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Hump yards
These are the largest and most effective classification yards with the largest shunting capacity — often several thousand cars a day. The heart of these yards is the hump: a lead track on a hill (hump) over which the cars are pushed by the engine. Single cars, or some coupled cars in a block, are uncoupled just before or at the crest of the hump and roll by gravity into their destination tracks in the classification bowl (the tracks where the cars are sorted).

Cool...but not quite as cool as a Roundhouse. :D

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derailment= Secret code for someone screwed up and your junk will be late. LOL... Hate to hijack this thread, but UPS came to my house yesterday to drop off some toys, and the SOB backed off my driveway into my FRESHLEY graded, seeded and strawed yard and sunk about 8''. Thanks UPS.

Reaction score
haha i was at sonic the other day for lunch and then the fed ex guy shows up. As he opens the back door a package comes flying out and he catches it before it hits the ground. So he grabs the package he's takin in. As he's shuttin the door he drops the package for sonic. He prolly heard me laughing at him :roflmao

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I was at work last month and there is a two track service road that crosses a section of BLM that some of our operations lays on, this FedEx truck decides to take the service road rather than staing on the main inbound/outbound plant traffic road to short cut to the county road. Yeah......... he hung the delivery van up in a snow bank and then proceeded to dig his back axle into the frozen mud.

He begins rocking this thing back and forth and stayed with that motive for probably half an hour. I cant believe he didnt tear the tranny out if it. At one point he just left in in gear and got out to assess the situation while the duals are just slowly rolling. I took a few pictures of the debacle and thought about sending them to both FedEx and UPS. :D:D

He did end up getting out, Lord only knows what the condition of his freight was and I know for a fact that his 2 minute short cut ended up putting him behind by a good 45 minutes.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Hump yards
These are the largest and most effective classification yards with the largest shunting capacity — often several thousand cars a day. The heart of these yards is the hump: a lead track on a hill (hump) over which the cars are pushed by the engine. Single cars, or some coupled cars in a block, are uncoupled just before or at the crest of the hump and roll by gravity into their destination tracks in the classification bowl (the tracks where the cars are sorted).

And all this time, I thought the words "DO NOT HUMP" painted on the sides of rail cars was the railroad industry's contribution to promoting abstinence. :D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
UPS moves quickly long as the railroad does:sweet

Sorry had to slip in the CAT photo:sly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg