Waiting for a shipment by UPS?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Many of ya'll get this kind of tracking info?:D Apparently the railcar my order was on was involved in a 29 car derailment in SoCal Monday night:doh:

How computer processors hold up to large physical movement shocks?

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:

When the UPS guy arrives, Shake the box before he leaves. If it sounds like a box of cereal, send it back with him. :sorry

Barrett

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Bill, I didn't think UPS used rail cars for short hauls like that, I don't think they use rail cars at all come to think of it.

Is it possible that the truck your package was/is on was delayed by the derailment not involved in it?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Bill, I didn't think UPS used rail cars for short hauls like that, I don't think they use rail cars at all come to think of it.

Is it possible that the truck your package was/is on was delayed by the derailment not involved in it?

They use pig trailers. TOFC Trailer On Flat Car.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
They use pig trailers. TOFC Trailer On Flat Car.

Ahhh ok. As much as I have been in and out of CSX and NS railyards this last month I've never seen a UPS trailer in either one.

Learn sumptin new everyday :sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek: Who's humping in the railyard?!!:eek::eek::eek:

Hump yards
These are the largest and most effective classification yards with the largest shunting capacity — often several thousand cars a day. The heart of these yards is the hump: a lead track on a hill (hump) over which the cars are pushed by the engine. Single cars, or some coupled cars in a block, are uncoupled just before or at the crest of the hump and roll by gravity into their destination tracks in the classification bowl (the tracks where the cars are sorted).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58