Walker BTM Install Questions

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I calculate my mileage with gas receipts and odometer. I don't use the lie-o-meter which happens to show between 23 and 25MPG. I always get a good laugh when I show people the lie-o-meter and they think I am getting awesome mileage. Well, 21MPH aint so bad in a 8000# truck!

I guess part of my success is 65psi in all tires, no romping throttle from dead stop and keep speed at 70MPH with use of cruise control. I am sure the two coats of wax doesn't hurt either!

Don't get me wrong, I do get on the truck so I can hear my louder turbo whine but that is not all the time. I have a supercharged Mustang GT to get my speed frustrations out on!

My 21MPG was a trip from Richmond VA to Lake Gaston North Carolina and back. I drove real easy and filled up when I got home. I was amazed at how well she did!

If only Ford showed what good mileage the X got with a diesel, I am sure it would still be around instead of being called the Valdez....

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My walker BTM is dead. The insides came apart and it rattles like marbles in a tin can. No exterior rust on the muffler though.

I would have thought it would have lasted longer. I only have 33k miles on the truck and have no chips.

I think I am going with a turbo back system now. Maybe MBRP or Banks.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Magnaflow kit with the larger downpipe bout 3 years ago which replaced the BTM,the Magnaflow is choice for the Excursions as the interior drone is much lower than the MBRP,not sure about the Banks with drone issues.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any drone issues. In all honesty, when I am driving normal with the windows up I can't tell a difference in sound level. At 70MPH still no change inside with noise level.

When you put the hammer down it does get louder, much louder if the windows are open.

Overall I am very happy with the MBRP turbo back 4" setup with the test pipe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58