Want to purchase a 2004 SD "Need Advise"

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres the low down (oasis) report on the truck....

---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

8/4/04 643 miles
Cust Comments: CUST STATES A C BLOWS WARM AIR ON ACCELERATION
Tech Comments: 643 PERFORM A C DIAGNOSTICS..PER SSM 17748 RECHARGE SYSTEM TO 1.31KG AND RETEST AMB 90..LOW 30.. HIGH 250..DUCT 35..NORMAL FOR A C TO CYCLE OUT UNDER HARD ACCEL.

5/26/05 24493 miles
Cust Comments: VEHICEL WILL NOT PULL INTER O D LIGHT FLASHES BANGS INTO GEAR AND WILL SEEM AS IF IN NUETRAL WHEN TRYING TO GO
Tech Comments: 24493 7G383 STICKING RUN TRANS DIAGNOSIS NO CODES RUN LINE PRESURER TESTED HAD 85 PSI REMOVED TRANS PAN TO REPLACE EPC SOLENOID FOUND THAT SOLENOID HAD CLUTCH FIBER IN SOLENOID REMOVED TRANS OVERHAULED TRANS REPLACED SOLENOID FLUSHED COOLER LINES AND CONVERTER REPLACED INLINE FILTER ROAD TESTED AFTERR REPAIR

6/16/05 25310 miles
Cust Comments: TRANS LIGHT FLASHING SHIFTS IN AND OUT OF GEAR DELAYS INTO GEAR WHEN SHIFTIGN FROM PARK
Tech Comments: 25310 7A262 CAME UNBONDED RUN TRAQNS DIAGNOSIS CODE PO2701 REMOVED TRANS PAN REMOVED EPC SOLENOID FOUND RUBBER ON SOLENOID REMOVED TRANS FOUND THAT FORWARD PISTEN HAD CAME UNBONDED OVERHAULED TRANS FLUSHED COOLER LINES REPLACED INLINE FILTER ROAD TESTED AFTER REPAIR

8/10/05 28097 miles
Cust Comments: TRANS SLIPPING 30 SECOND DELAY WHEN PUT INTO DRIVE
Tech Comments: 28097 7G383 STICKING RUN TRANS DIAGNOSIS NO CODES REPLACED EPC SOLENOID THAT WAS STICKING

10/03/05 32102 miles
Cust Comments: TRANS LEAKING FLUID SEE HISTORY
Tech Comments: 32102 3A717 CC 01 3733A 1.5 3713AP .6 TOTAL 2.1 VERIFIED CONCERN. FOUND POWER STEERING HOSE LEAKING AT PUMP. REMOVED POWER STEERING PULLEY TO GAIN ACCESS TO POWER STEERING LINE. REMOVED POWER STEERING PRESURE LINE FOUND FITTING TO PUMP CRACKED ON LINE. REPLACED POWER STEERING PRESURE LINE AND REINSTALLED ALL OTHER PARTS. REFILLED WTIH FLUIDS AND RAOD TESTED TO VERIRFY REPAIRS,

10/27/05 33685 miles
Cust Comments: TRANS LEAKING FLUID SEE HISTORY
Tech Comments: 32102 3A717 CC 01 3733A 1.5 3713AP .6 TOTAL 2.1 VERIFIED CONCERN. FOUND POWER STEERING HOSE LEAKING AT PUMP. REMOVED POWER STEERING PULLEY TO GAIN ACCESS TO POWER STEERING LINE. REMOVED POWER STEERING PRESURE LINE FOUND FITTING TO PUMP CRACKED ON LINE. REPLACED POWER STEERING PRESURE LINE AND REINSTALLED ALL OTHER PARTS. REFILLED WTIH FLUIDS AND RAOD TESTED TO VERIRFY REPAIRS,

11/09/05 34356 miles
Cust Comments: D03 ENGINE CRANKS OK WILL NOT START
Tech Comments: 34356 CAM POSITION SENSOR INOP. 12650D, DX1, D45, D81, D60 RAN EEC DIAG. GOT CODE P2416, RAN PINPOINT TEST AND PID MONITOR DIAG. FOUND CAM SENSOR INOP. REPLACED CAM SENSOR AND RETESTED. ROAD TESTED.

I got the lowdown on the4 closed cudl contact. All this means is the customer called the Ford customer relations # about a dealership because they had either an issue with the dealer or vehicle and the issue has been resolved. Nothing serious! Again this is all that's showing up, but I wonder if a servicing dealer didn't post everything, because there is a reference to the truck leak history. But on the other hand after that was reported the dealer found a cracked fitting and there was never an issue to date. I also noticed the truck was origanally serviced by Bankston Ford of Frisco, TX and it was serviced after that by MIDDLEKAUFF FORD also in TX. The customer may have changed dealers after having previous issues with the previous dealer. Good Luck and I hope this helps

-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also:

--------------------
--------------------

The term cudl stands for a customer data link. Previous owner logged a complaint with Ford about their vehicle. It could be a complaint about vehicle quality, quality of service, or anything else about the owner's experience.

As long as the statements "title branded" or "warranty cancelled" don't appear on the OASIS report, then your warranty is still in effect up to the mileage/time limits

---------------------
---------------------

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it... I don't think I'd buy this truck... granted the repair history looks to me like a dealer that has a lousy repair dept. The early model trucks did have their quirks. I'd maybe look for an '05. With it having 60k miles on it, it's still covered for most of the motor, but the rest of the drive train is your baby. I could be wrong, and I'd love to see someone else enjoy another powerstroke superduty, but I just have to wonder why they got rid of it now.

Just my .02

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only way id touch this NOW is by taking in a TWO COPIES of the
REPORT and confronting the dealer w/ it...Id remind him about his OASIS
report comment (where they told pinnacle oasis only kept 6mo of
data).

Id DEMAND a full coverage warranty <at no additional cost>, and
if not THIS truck I'd make sure this dealer knew i MEANT BUSINESS
<and had better, in the future, produce the FULL OASIS report> on
ANY TRUCK in his lot that i were looking @.

if nothing else id turn the screws on this dealer pretty tight...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58