Wanted: shooting lessons

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
BCS..........make sure you are practicing the simple shooting basics. Gun to shoulder, cheek to stock, firm grip, follow through, both eyes open. When I see guys that are missing "easy" shots.....which I remind you there are no easy shots......it is usually the basics that are killing them. Lifting their head while shooting, no follow through, etc.

I shot on a trap and skeet team in college and learned a lot. I am far from the best shot, but I did learn that no matter what gun you shoot, choke you use or shot you use, it all comes down to basics.........no matter what.

Oh.....and make sure you have a gun that actually fits you too!! :thumbs

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
thanks for the input DP. the was very in depth. I know I should pattern the gun, but I'm just being lazy.

Hey black_cloud_stroker00, is that old town gunshop there in Bellevue on the Left side of the main drag as you are going towards the riverboat & bridge?

How bout the one on the Right side of the main drag down closer to the school?

Spent many an hour & many a $$$ in em back in the early/mid 80's :D

Still .50 cents to cross the bridge :D :D :D

the one by the school is gone, the Bellevue Gun Shop is still there. It's $1 to cross the bridge. Did you use to live in bellevue, maybe prior military.

I'm sure IronM has got it right, i had a case of "goose fever" and my shooting basics went out the window. Maybe i need to practice/hunt MORE! I'll have to convince the woman that I need to hunt everyday.

Last edited:

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did and is.;)

Smart aleck :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2

Was stationed at Offutt from 83-89 & lived in the 1st set of apartments on the road just past McDonalds (outside the Bellevue gate aways) & above the little strip mall on the Right hand side of the road & then after the divorce ended up in the apartments back off of 29th before the park.

Is Hams bar still outside the Bellevue gate :thumbs :thumbs

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, ham's is still there, and just the hole in the wall it always was.

Loved going there after work for a couple "puss rockets" (hotdogs that had been cooking on the round and round wener cooker for who knows how many days) and some cold beer :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Ahhh the memories :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
got a woodie

well, no geese yet. They haven't been by our field yet, because everyone is starting to harvest the corn, so the geese have plenty of options. I did get a drake wood duck :thumbs It's going straight to the taxidermist, it was my first ever woodie. And then yesterday I got a hen woodie. I would love to mount them as a pair, but thats so damn expensive. here's a pic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58