Warning light

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother say's his 05 excursion has a light on in the dash that say's the door is adjar. Also, when he first get's in the truck the interior light stay's on for about 5 minutes.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Jeff.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is a new one. I would take in to Ford Dealer and have them scan it for who knows what. Oh, wait a minute. If you leave a door open the light will go out in about five minutes. So that part is normal. Some thing is telling the truck that the door is ajar and keeping the light on. Sounds like the latch switch that tells the computer the door is ajar.

Dave

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had the same problem in my Ex. It was the latch in the rear glass liftgate. The top that raises up, not the barn doors at the bottom. The mechanism got "dry" and the light would stay on and I would have the door ajar light. I sprayed some penetrating oil (Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster) into the latch mechanism in the liftgate. After a couple of days, and couple of applications and opening and closing the gate a few times it cleared up. Has been fine for a year or so......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58