Question Was I taken for a ride?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offence to the Ford.. Wrench turners out there, but.......

What REALLY gits to me is..... The Parts & Labor price dif., from Dealer to Dealer.

*I once needed a new Speedo (analog) head. The 8 mile away, big fancy Dealer wanted $13?.?? + 1.? hr. labor. The 14 mile away, small town Dealer INSTALLED.. the DANG thing.. for $9?.??, OTD.

Wasup with that crapp?? FOMOCO oda monitor that stuff.

Makes >ALL< the Dealers look bad.. in my book. :dunno :watchout

If you want your goat gotten all auto parts store have a 200% markup on all auto parts. Dealer are more like 300% markup.

creeper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
cant speak for all dealers but the parts department at mine uses the matrix price system. which means the more expensive a part is the more mark up there is on it. its absolutely B.S. i have worked at two dealers and they have both been that way. you are correct this is why dealers have a bad reputation ( amongst a few other things ). unfortunatley i could go on this big long rant that would eventually lead back to the manufacturers, UAW, and the american public being so naive that they would rather buy a product made outside this country to save a few bucks, when in the long run it just hurts all of us.

believe me i feel your pain. if i didnt get my parts at cost i would be right there with you guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58