water in the oil

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Live over off of Vine, near 198 !! Right now we're in Gulfport Ms. on a RV trip but maybe when we get home, we could hook up'n talk DEZEL stuff..

Can't say fer shur it's yer cooler cores.. just pass'n on my exsperiences with my 'ol IDI. Have you ever pressure tested the cooling system ??

Look forward to it. Have a safe trip back.

Clyde99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are you noticing changes in the coolant level ? The oil level ? If not keep in mind it is nearly impossible to get all of the oil out of the cooling system after the repair. There will always be some residual... at least I have never found a method to remove it all.

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the coolant level keeps falling and it keeps getting in the oil. I changed the head gaskets and the oil cooler gaskets as well as the o-rings in the cooler. It still did the same thing so I changed the oil cooler with one I knew worked fine and it still does it. Someone told me I'll never find the problem because most likely it's cylinder 7 or 8 with a pin hole. I figured at this point, i'll have to junk the motor.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
444ornothing,

One thing I may suggest for troubleshooting help on the older IDI engines is to post in the 6.9 and 7.3 IDI section on oilburners.net (sister site to SDD). These guys are some of the best sources of information on the IDI diesels. They may be able to give you some other pointers in troubleshooting. Just a suggestion....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58