Water spray!

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yawl steal my idea if you want ;) but here's something I am going to try to build. I am going to get a radiator shop to build an aluminum hoop shaped like the grill on our SD trucks and weld some fittings on it, then connect it to a water supply and pump similar to the water injection I have now. Much simpler then the controller for the snows injection, just a simple on off switch. With some of the injectors similar to the ones in the kit, spray water on the inter cooler :) . Not really my idea, I have heard it elsewhere but I am going to try to put it together in the next few weeks. What do you think? Good for a little HP? I may need to get a 100 gal tank for the back of the truck soon with all the water I drink :roflmao !

garyt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You may want to look at a Co2 system
go to Summit racing HERE
Then go to air & fuel delivery
Then go to Air and fuel cooling
Then go to Co2 intercooler sprayer
Not too expensive
Jegs also sells Nos sprayers

garyT

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
garyt said:
You may want to look at a Co2 system
go to Summit racing HERE
Then go to air & fuel delivery
Then go to Air and fuel cooling
Then go to Co2 intercooler sprayer
Not too expensive
Jegs also sells Nos sprayers

garyT
Thats about what I was thinking, but I want it to fit stealthy, hidden in the grill. With the co2 would you be able to spray over the rad as well as the intercooler? Shouldnt hurt anything. 350-400 thats not bad for 50 hp on a ricer, I doubt we would see that maybe 15-20? Thanks for the link! :thumbs

garyt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Thats about what I was thinking, but I want it to fit stealthy, hidden in the grill. With the co2 would you be able to spray over the rad as well as the intercooler? Shouldnt hurt anything. 350-400 thats not bad for 50 hp on a ricer, I doubt we would see that maybe 15-20? Thanks for the link! :thumbs

15 TO 20 HP is what I have read on other sites. Yes I believe you could spray the entire radiator.
Did you have a chance to look at the other options ??
I am REALLY Interested in the Co2 charged bulbs that go inside the intercooler/ Now that would really chill the air charge down !!.
And Co2 is fairly cheap, way more than NOS.

garyT

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Before you do the hoop and jets you might try hauling the full 100 gallon tank (800 pounds) around and see what the mileage/performance drop is.

That will give you a better baseline on what you actually gain.

Just a thought,

Tom

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
Before you do the hoop and jets you might try hauling the full 100 gallon tank (800 pounds) around and see what the mileage/performance drop is.

That will give you a better baseline on what you actually gain.

Just a thought,

Tom
The 100 gal water WAS A JOKE ;) :roflmao !!! Maybe just 50 gal :roflmao :roflmao . But you did get me thinking, what do injectors do to your MPG :rolleyes: !!!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
But you did get me thinking, what do injectors do to your MPG :rolleyes: !!!

My mileage has not gone down at all with Stg I injectors installed, matter of fact I think I am getting better mileage now. :sweet

**Added 'not' - MP

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
But you did get me thinking, what do injectors do to your MPG :rolleyes: !!!

If I keep my foot out of it my mileage didnot go down even with the mini-me's. But it is real hard not to step on it. :sweet

GENE

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
NOS is fairly cheap as well...i think it was around 45 to fill up a dry 150 shot.
This is getting off-topic so I think we should LOCK this! :eek: Wait this isnt the TDS!! :roflmao :sweet

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Yawl steal my idea if you want ;) but here's something I am going to try to build. I am going to get a radiator shop to build an aluminum hoop shaped like the grill on our SD trucks and weld some fittings on it, then connect it to a water supply and pump similar to the water injection I have now. Much simpler then the controller for the snows injection, just a simple on off switch. With some of the injectors similar to the ones in the kit, spray water on the inter cooler :) . Not really my idea, I have heard it elsewhere but I am going to try to put it together in the next few weeks. What do you think? Good for a little HP? I may need to get a 100 gal tank for the back of the truck soon with all the water I drink :roflmao !
This is actually more common than you might think. In high elevation situations, where the air is thin, and does not pull heat away as efficiently, this is a popular thing to do for rigs that have momentary or short-duration periods of high-load. Pikes peak racers are one example. The only issue is that you would only want to use it when pulling a big hill, or tugging a sled or drag racing, as it would do you no good to do it any other time, and would consume large amounts of water per minute. I say DO IT, and then LET US KNOW HOW IT DID :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14