Well, I'm back...and we got a new toy!

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I would like to add my condolences also.
ibsmurf said:
2nd.....Always, always, always make sure the drain plug is in place and the battery is charged BEFORE backing the boat into the water.... :eek: :eek: :doh: :D
I have seen the battery bite people before, I always test fire mine before it go's down the ramp. Triple check the drain plug though, especially when you have someone with you and you both think the other person put the drain plug in. :censored: :doh:
Look up boat in the dictionary and you will see: Fiberglass or aluminum hole in which all extra money is sucked into.

SUPERDUTYSPV

Ford Fan
Reaction score
I am sorry for your loss!!! I hope your wife and mother-in-law are all OK.

Congrats on the boat.

wikked

Open 24hrs
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss...

Remember to keep the boat in tip-top shape and use it a lot, out of respect for it's previous owner.

I "inherited" a 1960 Richardson 30ft cruiser. Steel hull, wooden top half, pushed by twin Ford 312 V8's--even has T-bird valve covers. :eek: :sweet

A big, fat, heavy, gas guzzling pig.....but tons of fun. :thumbs

Last edited:

ibsmurf

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
and I bet there is a good story there too!
Yep...couple of them actually. My grandparents always had a boat as I was growing up, and anytime us kids wanted to go to the lake and go skiing, all we had to do was say the word. Well, one time, we got up there and I did my usual job of holding on to the rope as my grandpa backed the trailer into the water and floated the boat off. All went as planned and my little sister and I jumped into the boat as my grandma held the rope on the dock while grandpa was parking the truck. I'm getting ready to start the boat and warm it up when all of a sudden, my sister is yelling that her feet are getting wet....I turn around and see that the water level is rising rapidly. Sure enough, there's the drain plug, right there in the cupholder where it belongs. :eek: So I grab it, jump over the side into the water, and stuff it into the hole under the outdrive. Had to cruise around the lake for a while before I could ski so that the bilge pump could do it's job....

Then there was the time that grandpa left the key on in the boat when he put it away, and the next time we went out, I ended up standing in knee deep water on the boat ramp with live jumper cables in hand so we could use the truck battery to get the boat started....

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your father in law. I lost mine 25 years ago at age 46 to lung cancer, he taught me alot. Regarding the boat, I don't want to throw cold water on your party, but I've heard that a boat owner has two happy moments-when he gets his boat and when he sells his boat. Hopefully you'll have lots of happy times in between those dates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg