well im going back to stock 97 splits again

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well i stuck them in yeserday at 5 in the morning :D had turkey day burnouts to ge too,haven been to one since they started.i go done while everybody was showing up to leave.take the truck ou to beat tha air out and it does the same damn thing i swapped injecors for!!!had o be towed back to the shop.my buddy kept saying change he fuel filters.i just did them last year before i parked the truck.well i snipped my fuel lines and bypassed both filters and she hasnt run this good in a looooooooooooooong time!!!!!i just spent 500 bux on new rear tires,bet i burnt 250 bux worth off them yesterday!:D:D:D:D

i used the orings that were on the injector,shoulda used the ones in the truck.i got one thats leaking,i can hear it leak down when i shut the truck off,and hard to start.no big deal i can deal with it for a few weeks.OMG the single life is starting to get fun!!!!!

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the 1 problem with having this truck running right is its scary as all hell again.wet roads are no fun when she hits on all 8 :eek::D

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ward cleaver
Is there any benefit to running split shots? I read somewhere you could get bigger split shots than are in a stock '97. I live in Californy so...
the benefits to split shots are a quieter running engine but the downside is that it requires significantly more high pressure oil so if you did larger splits then you would without a doubt need to get an upgraded aftermarket high pressure oil pump. All of the stock super duty injectors are split shots and are a higher capacity. Keep in mind that many of the SD guys are converting to single shots when the upgrade injectors.

Is your truck a cali-emissioned split shot truck now?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58