WHAT ABOUT A BANKS KIT?

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even if you have emissions you can still run a straight pipe (dont get caught) till you need to get emissions the take out your cat delete pipe and bolt in you factory cat

www.truckpulls.com

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Go edge juice platinum with attitude, MBRP exhaust with cat/muffler delete in the 409 series and your going to be amazed at how that truck runs/tows/outruns almost anything on the road. If you want any questions answered, give me a call...yes...even Sundays. I never turn off the phones, and I live with them...so I am accessable all the time. You can do the edge/MBRP for much less than the Banks kit.....I also sale Banks....but the MBRP/Edge will get you what you need for less, and deliver as much or more performance and functions. The Edge has a turbo timer for cool down, and is respected by many performance enthusiasts....for some reason...Banks seems to be respected by magazine readers, not enthusiests.....Any way, give me a call and I think I can help steer you to a great price on what you need and explain how really easy the install is.

Larry
724-462-3669

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
www.truckpulls.com said:
Go edge juice platinum with attitude, MBRP exhaust with cat/muffler delete in the 409 series and your going to be amazed at how that truck runs/tows/outruns almost anything on the road.

Larry,
How do you feel about a custom SCT tune V.S. the Edge Juice Platinum?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i'm kinda new to all the diesel upgrades and products that are out there. there seems to be too many to choose from. some parts seem to be regional. its like some parts are more popular in some areas than others. i have had my truck for 2 years before i started upgraded components. i know for me, i wanted a complete system that i could trust, instead of buying this or that. i researched long and hard about what to buy. i finally decided to go with the banks big hoss bundle. i know it was probably higher than if you mixed and matched from diff. manuf., but i liked the idea of getting everything in one shot. i'm not knocking other products, i am sure you can combine products to really turn a truck up and they may have more power combined that the banks system. banks including very good instructions for each part, i had the dual exhaust installed at a local muffler shop, we left the cat off, i installed the intercooler and boost tubes myself, took about 6 hours, and i had a local diesel shop install the six-gun, i couldn't find the time to do it myself. i guess it boils down to personal preference.

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer the original question, it would be hard to go wrong with the Banks kit. I have the tuner on my 2005 Excursion with the PDA and I have TomTom loaded on it also. A real benefit. I picked up the tuner first, and was promised the bundle pricing when I order the Intercooler and Exhaust later.

Lots of companies make various states of tuners, and I did a lot of shopping. I went with Banks for the built-in protection, not to smoke the tires. That's what I wanted, and it's an opinion, and I hope that helps.

Car_nut57

Reaction score
That is a great kit for your truck and the big Banks CAC makes a big difference in EGTs and power when towing. We have installed many of those systems and they work very well. Some will say Banks is expensive, but I think you get what you pay for with these kits because Banks has parts included such as the High Ram and CAC which others do not have. We do like to add a nice gauge maount to the Banks kit to dress up the gauge install, but other than that the kits are complete. Fell free to give me a call for a quote.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg