ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
in summary
think of it like drinking a beer
beer doesn't get you the DUI?
irresponsibility does.

beer didnt get your girlfriend pregnant?
irresponsibility does.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :roflmao

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
The point I'm trying to make is that you should think about what you are doing to your truck that might sacrifice its longevity. If you push the limits, and it breaks, don't expect someone else to pay for your mistake. Bryan

I agree. By my last "fraud" post I wasn't trying to say that irresponsibility is the way to go. Actually, just the opposite. I was just trying to dispell the myth that everybody with a tuner is a horsepower freak and beats the snot out of their truck. The ONLY reason I have a tuner is because the stock setting has absolutely no power from a dead stop. IMO, that leaves me pretty helpless should I need to get out of the way in a hurry-- I don't like being helpless. If Ford could flash the truck and rid it of the hesitation from a stop, I'd get rid of the tuner today.

Whatabudro, Roosterdiesel, and all the others with the "you play, you pay" are right on the money and I agree with them. It's all about how much risk you're willing to accept and how well you take care of your stuff. It's also about how well you present yourself to the dealership in a warranty situation when they've got to make a judgement call if they think you've been irresponsible with your truck or if the problem should legitimately be covered under warranty. Like I said earlier, the only reason my service rep replaced the turbo under warranty was because I showed him the guages, demonstrated I knew what the numbers meant, and proved to be responsible. Aside from that, I could've been out a whole bundle....and I wouldn't have had any ground to complain because I willingly installed the SCMT.

Jumping off soapbox...

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
I love you guys!

Who wants a beer, I have a few rocking chairs avail on my back deck!

strokethisford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone for your help and i have thought about and decided to not chip it since it has a down injector now ans smokes like a b%^ch i hope they can get the bugs worked out on it, When i took it in the dealer they seen my turbo back exhaust and told me that is a good idea for the cooler pulls, and is now fixing the truck no prbs, now if i would have chiped it they said they could not have and then told me to cost of the fix, ill keep her stock for now, thanks everyone for your help, i love this site

Reaction score
powerboatr said:
was asked once if i had a tuner installed. during the idm troubleshooting.
i failed to answer because the tech was a known quantity of A## parts.-mad

When ever I have my truck in for service - I always get a call later either from the mechanic or the service manager. Question is always the same - "do you have a tuner installed?" - My answer is "no" - I do not have one installed. They don't ask if I had one installed - they simply ask if I have one installed.

And I think it has a lot to do with the dealers attitude. Last year we had a NOVAPS meeting at a local dealer who having been in business for a long time - just built a brand new state of the art mega center and was having an open house. We toured the whole place, service bays and all. The head service manager came out to talk to us. During the course of the question/answer period - the subject of mods came up. He stated, "If you have an SCT, Edge or Quadzilla product, please remove it before bringing it in. We will not void the warranty because of these - within reason. You have to work with us here, if you have an injector fail for example, no problem - but if you bring it in with a rod sticking outside the block - then don't expect us to turn our heads."

Of course when he mentioned Quadzilla we knew he was alright :sweet

Ron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14