Question What did you do to your truck today?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I was using my handy dandy retractable air hose today to help a feller out with a low tire and when I got done, the air chuck was leaking real bad.

So I put on a new air chuck and installed a ball valve to help keep it from ever leaking down.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o-rings came in. i swear mcmaster carr has to be the fastest shipper on earth!

Sonnax kit went in. VERY noticeable 1-2 ( but not harsh). 2-3 and 3-4 firmed up nicely also. However, those instruction pics I found everywhere are misleading. The 1-2 clip comes right out, as in easily grippable with needle nose. Same with the line modulator valve. Those 2-3 and 3-4 slots however, I dont think they make a pair of needle nose that thin. Oh well, got the missus to snag me a pair of hemos from the hospital, that cured it. Anyone planning on doing this may want to plan ahead alil. It's frustrating since I dont have a full blown shop. (yet):D

Got her blessing on the 4inch stainless exhaust and the DP chip. Nobody laff, yall know how it goes. If Momma aint happy, aint NOBODY happy!! :D

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
o-rings came in. i swear mcmaster carr has to be the fastest shipper on earth!

Sonnax kit went in. VERY noticeable 1-2 ( but not harsh). 2-3 and 3-4 firmed up nicely also. However, those instruction pics I found everywhere are misleading. The 1-2 clip comes right out, as in easily grippable with needle nose. Same with the line modulator valve. Those 2-3 and 3-4 slots however, I dont think they make a pair of needle nose that thin. Oh well, got the missus to snag me a pair of hemos from the hospital, that cured it. Anyone planning on doing this may want to plan ahead alil. It's frustrating since I dont have a full blown shop. (yet):D

Got her blessing on the 4inch stainless exhaust and the DP chip. Nobody laff, yall know how it goes. If Momma aint happy, aint NOBODY happy!! :D

A little tip on those clips. Use a dental pick. Works ever time.;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Finished wiring up the 12v outlet in my bed.

Replaced a fog light bulb, turned out to be that the wire was torn, so put a butt connector on it and fixed that.

Tiddied up the wiring at the rear of the truck on the under side.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote for my repair. (Ouch :dizzy), oh, well.

Going to take it in while we go on vacation in June, (we'll be taking Rach's Excursion with the trailer), and I'm going to go ahead and get the other side door and bed, fixed where I was keyed, and get the front bumper cover painted to match (about time).

Then, it's off to new wheels finally. :sweet

Might as well, I'm keeping her for a long while.

B

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Finally installed my Marinco plug. I've had it for over two years. Moved it from WA to GA. Was going through stuff now that we may be moving back and found it. Figured it was a good reason to stop and give the truck some more attention.

i_timmers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just completed a 6.0L swap from a 2006 regular cab 4X4 wreck to a 2007 extended cab 4X4 without pulling the cabs. Took 2 of us just over 16 hours from a running truck to a running/driving truck with all sheetmetal/front end reinstalled on both trucks. We both have air tools but chose to do this with only hand tools! For this being the first 6.0L swap, it went very well. ;tu

I would do another swap if I had to since we learned some tricks along the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14