Question What did you do to your truck today?

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the 100 gal aux tank, all plumbing and wiring installed...finally. (Got the tank from TailGunner and then had to do some surgery to make it fit.) Put 30gal in the aux tank and tested it out. There is some wiring problem in the controller, it doesn't automatically come on like it is supposed to, but no leaks and the main fuel tank didn't fall back off on the test drive, so I'm feelin' pretty good...don't even have any parts left over!

HoustonRider

where are my KINGS?
Reaction score
This week I had the Tranny TSB done and replaced 3 solenoids, changed the oil and re-installed my King adjustables with a new design just sent to me from King Direct. :)

bomberman760

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Installed Sinister Diesel EGR cooler and coolant flush, replaced with Cat EC-1 ($23/gal concentrate in Kansas City). First time I really ever wrenched on a diesel engine. More detailed write-up in the 6.0 section.

Torqueshift

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my headlights & CCV

spent last weekend installing new headlights..yellow(old) to white.. & re-routed my CCV to the tailboard. My Pyro temps dropped and my cool down time dropped as well. Polished the front of my truck. Never enough time. ;tu

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tried to wash the truck, but the son called Dad my truck wont start. So I got there looked it over slid under hit the starter with a hammer and guess what it started. I look at him and said there fixed. Now you put the new starter in. Got in my truck drove home and serviced the locking hubs on my truck.

Truck is still not wshed.....lol

bomberman760

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, actually two weekends ago. Just haven't been online.

Black Onyx head gaskets
ARP studs
OEM upgraded cooler
heads swapped for freshly-decked heads
upgraded fuel pressure spring
verified upgraded HPOP coupler
turbo disassembled and cleaned
new gaskets on everything disassembled
filters, fluids (refilled with CAT EC-1)
interior detail and wash

She's fun to drive again, and runs better than ever! All for the low, low cost, including labor, of about $2100. Even though he got the 30 hour job (Ford standards) done in 8 hours, I paid him for the full job since other jobs got pushed back - still saved thousands. Biggest cost was my time - 10 hours to get there, and 9 back.

Glad that's out of the way.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the tire shop for a bounce in a tire. The tire shop wanted to charge me 772.96 for a brake job on the back end. Told them it would be a really cold day in hell before they do it. I save 737.00 doing it my self. :innocent

So next thing is gear oil change. :sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, their labor rate must be $500 per hour, what did it take 1 1/2 hours to do it? How many miles are on your truck?
Doug

HoustonRider

where are my KINGS?
Reaction score
last night I double checked the N2 pressure on my Kings. 200psi all around.... (but they are losing pressure for some reason)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58