Question What did you do to your truck today?

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tuesday I was driving out to a archery match. Truck started shaking worse and worse, and felt like it was being held back.
Pulled over and found the driver side front cailper was sticking.

MacGyvered it with a piece of wood between the pads, and strapped the capiler down to the leaf spring. Drove it to a freinds a mile away. Replaced the pos Napa caliper with a new Ford part the next day.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Tuesday I was driving out to a archery match. Truck started shaking worse and worse, and felt like it was being held back.
Pulled over and found the driver side front cailper was sticking.

MacGyvered it with a piece of wood between the pads, and strapped the capiler down to the leaf spring. Drove it to a freinds a mile away. Replaced the pos Napa caliper with a new Ford part the next day.

Seth.. you shoot IBO, NFAA or just weekend 3D?

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving home from work last wens., and I smelled burning rubber. I pulled over, walked around the truck, didn't see anything wrong, drove home. About a mile from home felt, and sounded, like I was dragging an anchor chain behind me. Got home, crawled under the truck, found out my carrior driveshaft bearing had seized, melted, and turned into a shredder to remove every scrape of rubber stabilizer on it. Spent the next four hours tracking down a new one (Napa), removing the old one, and installing tha new system. Not much fun. :dizzy :rant :(

locopny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am in process of changing out the original mirrors to those from an 02 that breakaway in forward and reverse. Tired of it looking like I dont know how to drive.

now back to searching how to make the wiring modification to make it work correctly. Old has 3 wires and the new have 4 wires. Nothing too tough I hope.

Then its on to installing a new filter housing on the OR diesel tank in the bed.
Forgot the 3M tape or I'd also be installing the smoked window vents.

Wiester

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll post up my goings-on. Picked up a 2005 f350 cclb drw lariat. Drove it 2 weeks, put it in the shop. Now it's not totally done yet, waiting on a few bits n pieces but in the last 3 weeks it's got it's axles swapped out for the Dana super 60 and the s110 from a f450 and running 4.88 gears, 8" lift, 10 on 10 adapters to mount my American force magnum 22.5s. Running 295/75-22.5 40.7" tall tires. Not on the road yet but requires for road worthiness is some semi mud flaps, cut-out fender flares, and, well, 2010 power everything mirrors. (last one is one of them "why the hell not" sorta things)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Cleaned everything out for the install of my HF amateur rig. Put in a new passenger side battery two weeks ago. Yeah, I know about replacing the battery in pairs, but the right side was SUPPOSED to have been changed out three years ago at the dealership. The date code however said the battery that went south was circa 2005, so it was original to the truck.-mad

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your old battery may drag down your new battery. It won't last very long. That we recommend replacing in pairs always.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58