Question What did you do to your truck today?

1kellygillis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not a 100% sure Dave what it makes for horse power but the guys at the shop who installed all that stuff said rods and turbo should be done next. I'll like to get a reliable 700HP someday without a worry.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed an aFe MagnumForce AIS (PN# 51-81872) system today. Purdy strait forward, out with the OEM, in with the aFe. Real nice fitment, no tweaking at all. Took about an hour, w/breaks. Quality, well designed and built stuff.

I like a Dry Filter. The 99-10005 Pro-Dry filter can be tapped/vacuumed or washed clean.. so I went with that.

Not really a "MOD" IMO.. just let'n the 6.7 PSD have more air.. Everything is jus' Bigger/Better. :dunno

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
Joe, any seat of the pants difference you can feel? Will be interested to see how your mileage is affected (if at all)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, any seat of the pants difference you can feel? Will be interested to see how your mileage is affected (if at all)

Only had it on for a day or so. Drove about 100 city/highway miles today.. The throttle response is Definitely better, more touchy.. seems like a diff in MPG's for the better but time will tell ?

I sure can hear the turbo better.. little louder under acceleration, but not annoying at all.

Got an RV road trip coming in a week or so.. lota flat ground and some good grades to pull.. that'll tell any tales.

This 6.7 is a PULLER.. Stock.. no question, but like all trucks'n things I've ever owned.. a little more Air.. is Good'er ?

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
Keep us updated...I'm very interested to see how this will work for you. I've always heard that since the 6.0, the stock air system has been more than enough to handle the air the engine needs...but maybe this one is different?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a blown tire the other day and the butt chunk that had the truck before me took the key to the spare tire and the tire iron out of the truck with the jack. Had to cut the spare tire out from under the truck at the cable then getting the nuts off was fun. In doing that I figured out to reuse the tire hanger there is plenty of cable for a fix so you don't have to buy a new lift system. I have to get a pic to show you were to cut if you have to do this. so I'll try to post later this weekend.

I did go get new tires the next day all 6 of them.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
Keep us updated...I'm very interested to see how this will work for you. I've always heard that since the 6.0, the stock air system has been more than enough to handle the air the engine needs...but maybe this one is different?

Joe, how are you liking the new AFE setup? Worth the $$?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, how are you liking the new AFE setup? Worth the $$?

Well.. It got to LOUD for me. The "not annoying at all"... got annoying, so I took it off the other day, and went back to the stock intake.. with the bigger/better than OEM, AFE (dry) filter.

My 6.7 is strictly a daily driver "Road Truck", and for pulling our 5r around.... It has PLENTY of stock power for going that.... for what I was hearing*.

Worth the $$ ? YES. IMO, AFE makes Real Good products, in every way .

Joe

*A little more Pep..YES, but no noticeable MPG gains ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg