Question What did you do to your truck today?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a coat of wax (Ice) on'em yesterday.. While wipe'n it off, I snagged the little Green Leaf/B-20 sticker thing on the PSD door badge.. took both leaf things off.. looks a bit "Cleaner".. IMO :dunno

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to a recent thread about the theft of a ($3500) tail-gate like mine, I Installed a Power Tail-Gate lock.

It's wired into the OEM power door locks, so now.. one poke of the key fob EVERYTHING is locked. Took care of the question.. Did I (?).. or Did I Not (?).. lock the tailgate thing.

Got it off of Amazon, $82. Good quality pieces'n parts. Good clear install instructions. You get everything you need. No modifications needed. Install the actuator, pull & connect the wires.

According to the maker, Pop'n Lock.. this kit (pn PL8250) fits F-150's 97 & up, F-250/350's 99 & up, Sport Trac's 01 & up... with the factory lock .. Only.

Took about 2 hours to do the install. (4+ hours with breaks and the wife's "Emergency Assistance Needed" stuff.)

Life Is Good. (better)

Joe

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I fixed my ESOF hub vacuum issue with a new PVH solenoid. Yesterday, I cleaned the EGR valve (some soot deposits but didn't look too bad), did the blue spring fuel regulator upgrade (feels like a little better throttle response from dead stop), checked my FICM voltage (hanging in there between 47.3 and 47.8 volts before, during and after cranking) and chased the kitty out from under the truck. And this was all done before the Broncos sent the Raiders home with their heads hung low. Will see if blue spring and EGR helped any with my cold start stiction issue. I'm not usually that lucky so the next project will be to get the injectors tested and see where that takes me.

Masta022

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Today I started looking into the possibility of stretching my truck into a 6 door. I have a large family and this is my daily driver. I really do hate having to drive 2 vehicles everywhere. I've found a few companies (Mega X2, CABT, and Stretch my truck). Has anyone had work done by any of these companies or recommend anyone to do a stretch?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Today I replaced the very tired alternator with an aftermarket 140 amp (6.0) unit.;tu;tu

Took it for a short test drive to fuel it up.:drive $3.03 a gallon compared to 3.99 six months ago. The last time I drove it.:p

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Today I replaced the very tired alternator with an aftermarket 140 amp (6.0) unit.;tu;tu

Took it for a short test drive to fuel it up.:drive $3.03 a gallon compared to 3.99 six months ago. The last time I drove it.:p

Six months!! I would go through withdraws if I hadn't driven my truck for that long. Lol.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I did go through withdraw. First four months all I could do is look at it. I finally get a chance to drive it, the alternator fried. So it sat for two more months before I could fix it.:eek:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDGE Insight CTS

Probably redundant here on SDD but:

Jus' Couldn't Tow anymore without knowing the EGT's, and being able to easily scan the EOT, TFT and Boost... in one area. (a trip to Denver sealed the deal, on that)

So I installed an EDGE Insight CTS monitor. Gauges only.. No Tunes. (pn 83830)
NICE. Plug'n Play from the OBDII port. 1.5 hour install, cuz I went with the Dash mounted Pod, some trimming needed but in the end it looks like OEM, from the factory. (Dash pod pn 18303 & 98303 adapter)

Lot's of options and parameters to set up yet but... so far, I'm good...with the Wizardry* it has. (I like reading "Numbers".. vice, Cold/Norm/Hot kinda stuff)

:dunno

Joe

On Edit: * I like the on-board DTC Scanner feature. It's At Your Finger Tips... if ever needed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58