What do I do?

justnsgirl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I need to know if there is anything that I can do about scratches down the side of my boyfriends 01' F-250? He says that it's pretty bad. I havent seen it because it just happened. He said that it goes from the head light to the tail light.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on how deep the scratches are you might be able to buff or wet sand them out providing they are not through the clear coat if they are it will probably require a repaint

justnsgirl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of that... I was wondering if there was any product that I could use to get them out... I'm pretty sure that a few of them are down to the primer... Is it possible to use a "touch up" paint to cover them and have it still look good?

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally I have never had much luck using touch up paint (it always seems to look horrible) I have heard a product named colourmatch works half decent you apply it like a wax

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Brandi, and welcome to SSD.com Come on back often. I am sure one of our body men will be along soon to help you out. Good Luck on fixing the truck.

:welcome :welcome :welcome3 :usa :bama sant :xmas :bama sant

justnsgirl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
patrickc said:
personally I have never had much luck using touch up paint (it always seems to look horrible) I have heard a product named colourmatch works half decent you apply it like a wax

thanks for the heads up on the touch up paint... Lord knows that the truck looks bad enough with out me foulin' it up even more... I believe that I've also heard of colourmatch... Where would I go about findin' that stuff? I appreciate all the help guys.:thanks

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Local autoparts store Autozone, Orielly's, or even Wal-Mart if you dare to go close to that place this time of year.
Craig

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can catch your fingernails in the scratches then dont bother with any infomercial scratch removers, they dont work, just make it look worse, if you dont wanna pay a shop to do it right then get some touch up paint, maybe even get a shop to touch em up with base and clear, then wetsand em and buff em out, that'll at least make the spots not so visible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58