What do I do?

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping you didn't cause the scratch!!!

The newly aquired dually has a nice scratch all the way down the passenger side. You can catch your finger nail in most of it but it isn't deep into the primer.

Got two bottles of touch up paint from Ford one was bought 5 years ago for the F250 (same color) and the second one was bought the other day and it has a pen applicator on one end and the brush on the other. Thinking the pen will work good but haven't tried it yet.

Another thought was to take a feather like what people used to write with and dab some paint onto it and carefully run it in the scratch. One of my workers said she'll try it so we'll see how it turns out.

Try the pen applicator and see how that works, paid $11 at Ford for mine.

Good Luck.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
justnsgirl said:
umm... Thanks for all the detail... It's greatly appreciated... I don't wanna sound stupid... but.... what's a hand glaze?:dunno

A hand glaze is wax of a type, but it has none of the harmful to fresh paint things in it like wax does, silicones, etc...it works great, but doesnt last as long as wax unfortunatly, its something more commonly used for new paint, good luck with everything, sounds like you'll prob be takin it to a shop to get it fixed unfortunatly, who knows, maybe where some of the spots are you can blend em in, depends on how cost effective it is and where the scratch is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58