What do you wish someone made?

Max Power

Reaction score
The F250 only comes in 2 box configurations. Most people call the 6 1/2' bed a 6' bed. If it says it fits an 04 F250 6' box it will fit your truck.

jetratt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
The F250 only comes in 2 box configurations. Most people call the 6 1/2' bed a 6' bed. If it says it fits an 04 F250 6' box it will fit your truck.

Thanks

DezlWezl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dieselmaster said:
Speaking of the cruise control...

I wish they made a mod or there was a mod, that made our cruise control work like the big rigs...

You rev the motor to whatever RPM that you want and press cruise on.... and it keeps it idleing at that level.

I wish they would make the cruise control more "forgiving." Instead of getting the boost and egt's way up to maintain speed. More like if the driver was controlling it. Lose a little speed, but maintain it most of the time. I always felt that I was losing mileage when using cruise control cuz the egt's and boost would go up to maintain speed. I think if you let the speed go down slightly, you would see less turbo surge/stall as well.

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
DezlWezl said:
I wish they would make the cruise control more "forgiving." Instead of getting the boost and egt's way up to maintain speed. More like if the driver was controlling it. Lose a little speed, but maintain it most of the time. I always felt that I was losing mileage when using cruise control cuz the egt's and boost would go up to maintain speed. I think if you let the speed go down slightly, you would see less turbo surge/stall as well.

Good point, especially if you set the cruise at a lower speed and are going up a small rise...the engine roars like you're climbing Mt. Everest!

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Max Power said:
What accessory do you wish that someone would make for your truck? -popcorn
Got two more, both involving windows:
  • auto-down for all windows, and
  • enable a presetting of all window opening depth that could be acheived by pressing one button (I'm odd, in that if I have the windows down, I want them to all be down to the same depth :rolleyes: )
I know, I'm a freak :drive Somehow, this anal retentiveness doesn't apply or extend to my garage!

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rvassar said:
I'd like to see a Pullrite or Hensly hitch that doesn't cost quite so much. I'm guessing there's a patent clock running on these.

I hope it doesn't run out to soon, I just got my Hensley 3 months ago! :doh: Sweet hitch, and so far don't regret the purchase :sweet

What I wish they made, and I am sure my F250/350 CC bretheren with kids can appreciate as well: A slide-up, sound proof window seperating the front seats from the rear seats (like a limo) I woulda paid good money for that option! :rolleyes:

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
1) I second Dieselmaster's request for the cruise control to set RPMs at idle. That was the first thing I thought of when I read Max's question. I've always wondered why light trucks dont have that function. I tell all my guys to set it to 900-1000 RPM when idling.

2) I also like the auto-down for all windows deal.

3) More comfortable captians chairs.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
How about a HUD (Heads Up Display) for our gauges. Something that we can set where ever we want on the window.

I know HUD has been used on cars before but it would be nice to have the gauges right in front of us.

I like the auto down for all windows.

Reaction score
KansasDiesel said:
How about a HUD (Heads Up Display) for our gauges. Something that we can set where ever we want on the window.

I know HUD has been used on cars before but it would be nice to have the gauges right in front of us.

I like the auto down for all windows.

A HUD is a great idea, especially if you could toggle or set the information on it, i.e EGT, Boost, ATF temp, MPH, RPM, etc. Variable colors and intensity would be terrific too!!! :thumbs :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58