What gear do you tow in??

goldhilljoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks:thumbs for the info--I think I`ll try towing wearing Speedo`s. Seriously, I was mainly concerned about tearing up 5th gear/bearings etc. Trying to prolong the time till the inevitable/rebuild etc.....
I can`t remember the RPM`s at 62 mph . (?????).
Gotta admitt that the $3/gal diesel really:oops: helps-can`t wait till the new addatives :eek: with Bio and ULTRA los sulphur comes out- Be a good excuse to raise the price even more-mad

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
goldhilljoe said:
Thanks:thumbs for the info--I think I`ll try towing wearing Speedo`s. Seriously, I was mainly concerned about tearing up 5th gear/bearings etc. Trying to prolong the time till the inevitable/rebuild etc.....
I can`t remember the RPM`s at 62 mph . (?????).
Gotta admitt that the $3/gal diesel really:oops: helps-can`t wait till the new addatives :eek: with Bio and ULTRA los sulphur comes out- Be a good excuse to raise the price even more-mad
You won't hurt your ZF tranny doing pretty much ANYTHING at that weight. Run it in OD as long as it still pulls and your EGTs stay down.

You'll be fine...

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
have a column mounted tranny temp gauge as well. Don't trust the factory one.

He doesn't have a stock (glorified idiot light) tranny guage, they didn't come out in our trucks until 2002, which is the year of your excursion!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Thats what I was thinking. I run in 5th if it will pull it. If it runs out of power in 5th then I go to 4th. The transmission is not working any harder in 5th than it is in 4th when you have a "real" transmission.
What constitutes a real transmission, Crumm? :roflmao

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
One with a stick up through the floor and a third peddle on the left. The ones on the column are just for girls :D

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Crumm said:
One with a stick up through the floor and a third peddle on the left. The ones on the column are just for girls :D
I take it there is no qualification test to be a moderator.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg