What have you learned abou your 6.7L this week?

Pipewelder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 2014 has a factory rear sway bar. I have a funny sounding whine coming from the tranny area underneath. Stops after a while. Wondering if anybody else has this and if I should worry. Hate to bug the Ford mechanics if no need. It has 2500 miles.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a funny sounding whine coming from the tranny area underneath. Stops after a while. Wondering if anybody else has this and if I should worry. Hate to bug the Ford mechanics if no need. It has 2500 miles.

Most likely the DEF pump. As long as it stops.. no need to worry ? It's located Mid-ship (trany area-ish)

Mine stops whining..after 10/15 seconds or so.

Joe

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 6.7 (like my other cars & trucks) I've learned I >STILL< don't like those :censored: un-removeable Liability Disclaimer/Warning :censored: stickers on the Sunvisors. They >STILL< make me feel like someone thinks we're Stupid & Ignorant enough that we need to be reminded of stuff.. EVERYTIME we go anywhere.. for as long as we own theze :censored: things... Soooo.....

I cut two 4 X 12" pieces of dull black, textured, rocker-panel tape.. 'n covered the the Da** things up !!

Looks Much Bedder Now, and I'm not insulted anymore. :):D

:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

Ratchet

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We have a 2012 F450 drw king ranch edition for pulling our 41' 15k lbs 5ver. What a great truck to pull it with, you hardly know it's there.

Ratchet

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know some of the guys on the Corvette forum use hair dryers to remove those stickers and most have been successful. The also sell black stickers that go over the labels, they are ugly aren't they. I might try to find something like that for my truck.

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I learned just how much power I have available with this truck. We were coming back from an RV park this past Sunday and a buddy was pulling his smaller 5th wheel with a 6.4. He was amazed at how fast I was accelerating away from traffic lights. He couldn't keep up! I don't feel like I was accelerating fast and I wasn't flooring it.

Last edited:

Geezerglide

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I learned that I need to run Power Service in every tank. I bought my first bottle today after going through my first regen this week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58