What is this?

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
The difference is between B99 and B20...and I don't ever expect you to understand.
lol.gif

On edit: Since the veg oil has been contaminating/coating my engine filters for over a year since conversion and since my new filter will never see veg oil and since I can coat the gaskets with Delo I probably will go over B20. I think somewhere around B50 is where I'll wind up. Only time on the new filter will tell. Honestly I can't remember how well B99 runs on a stock filter w/o a veg oil coating.

Guess your right!
Biodiesel ROCKS! :ZigBang:
Rick H...

Travis T

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK I see. Very clever indeed. I'd love to do this, but I want to rid myself of the stock fuel bowl, FPR, and pump all together. But damn where was that idea 4 years ago when I started doing this.

So, if you didn't mill that yourself, then how much did it cost? A nice aftermarket FPR and a couple of super duty pumps could have transformed your system into pressurized lines rather than vacuum and the factory garbage can could have been in the recycle bin. Plus SD pumps would hold up fuel pressure better than the pulse pump, but that's not much of an issue with the 95cc injectors.

I really admire the idea. It's definitely a good one and would have kept me head from hurting during long drives because I'm always trying to find the best way out of the 5+ mile purge journey. I just need more fuel than the stock squirt gun can provide and I fear I'm in for an expensive project to get it done.

hang on, I gotta let this keyboard cool down....

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Travis, My fuel pump is leaking. :rant I'm getting another one installed. Holy cow...the book says 5.1 hours. :eek: Yeah, the SD pump is probably the way to go but with my stock squirters this one should be fine for a few years.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Well the good news is that it's not the fuel pump that's leaking. :sweet The leak is under the fuel bowl. I believe one or more of the short connector hoses (1") that are under the bowl have disintegrated from biodiesel use and/or from very hot veg oil. The valley and under the fuel bowl was covered with a dried sticky veg oil coating. :eek: Nothing a can of brake cleaner can't handle. :cool: Last year when my two return lines melted from bioD I should have had these four hoses replaced.

Has anyone heard of a diesel fuel dye that can be dumped into the tank that fluoresces under a black light to detect leaks? I'd like to put some through the system to pinpoint the leak under the fuel bowl. I know they make dyes for lube oil and for the a/c's freon.

I'm still waiting on my rear filter. The ebay seller sent me a cheap knock-off and I called her on it. :rant :nono: She has subsequently sent me the correct one, so she says. :rolleyes:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't use the oil dye and run it through the fuel system. I don't have any idea about the freon dye...

Dave

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
The freon dye is totally different. I've had it pumped in my a/c system to detect a leak. It's really cool. The detection bulb and glasses you wear are both yellow. The leak was more than obvious.

I found Tracerline Dye-Lite TP-3700 . I hope I can get some local.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg