What is this?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I just got home from work and am half asleep so this is probably a dumb question but why can't you just remove the filter and screw the lid back on without adding the chunk of aluminum inside the bowl?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Because when I flip tanks I need to burn all the veggie oil in the fuel lines before I shut down so there will be rear fuel at the injectors for the next start-up. The fuel bowl is about 12+ ozs, so in its current configuration I need to drive +/- 10 miles to feel comfortable that there is no veggie oil contamination AT ALL in the fuel lines. Starting a cold diesel on veggie oil is possible, but the cold oil cokes up the injector tips ruining them. Once coked, not even an injection cleaner additive will dissolve the hardened oil. I'm not yet ready for Stage 1s.

Your filters have arrived. They left you a first notice in your PO Box.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm not yet ready for Stage 1s.
and why not, praytell?
not trying to be a wiseass; there has to be some legit reason why you're
holding off..

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
could get away with B100 but my truck runs so much better on B20 that I decided to go with that blend for a while.

You are saying your truck runs better on B20 than B100?. Is it really that noticeable? Power, mileage, Idle, filter clogging what?
Wonder if the B100 you were getting was less than spec.
Rick H...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
You are saying your truck runs better on B20 than B100?

Is it really that noticeable? Yes, power is noticeably better, acceleration is noticeably faster and boost numbers are noticeably higher.
Mileage? :dunno Don't care. It's only startup and shut down fuel. :tongue2
Idle? About the same rpms.
Filter clogging what? The commercial BioD is not the culprit. The WVO is.
Engine noise? Yup, louder than on B99.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Is it really that noticeable? Yes, power is noticeably better, acceleration is noticeably faster and boost numbers are noticeably higher.
Mileage? :dunno Don't care. It's only startup and shut down fuel. :tongue2
Idle? About the same rpms.
Filter clogging what? The commercial BioD is not the culprit. The WVO is.
Engine noise? Yup, louder than on B99.

Oh you use the B20 for startup and shut down and the diff you are seeing is over the WVO?, that I can understand.
Towing the Travel Trailer for 2,700 miles on B100 then the last 30 gal of petro probably around B20 I really could not tell a diff in the 97.
No gauges but seat-o-pants no diff.
Rick H...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Oh you use the B20 for startup and shut down and the diff you are seeing is over the WVO?, that I can understand.

The difference is between B99 and B20...and I don't ever expect you to understand.
lol.gif

On edit: Since the veg oil has been contaminating/coating my engine filters for over a year since conversion and since my new filter will never see veg oil and since I can coat the gaskets with Delo I probably will go over B20. I think somewhere around B50 is where I'll wind up. Only time on the new filter will tell. Honestly I can't remember how well B99 runs on a stock filter w/o a veg oil coating.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg