What is your Fuel Economy?

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had read the a:confused:rticle on the acetane additive. I have plenty of acetane to spare. Wondering if it is really" OK "to splash a full tank w/ it?

HI MONSTERPLOW, From what I've read, doing more than 2 OZ of acetone per 10 gallons, your MPG will not improve, all your doing is wasting acetone, but what I think your trying to say is if you can drive your truck fill with acetone, I'm not sure, if it will hurt something??? As for me, I paid $13.74 for a gallon of acetone at WALMART, while a gallon of diesel is $4.05 I've read that the 2 OZ per 10 gallon will give you more HP and TQ, and your engine will last longer. I'm doing this to my truck, because I will be getting either a NEW DODGE or FORD within the next 3 to 4 month.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
HI MONSTERPLOW, From what I've read, doing more than 2 OZ of acetone per 10 gallons, your MPG will not improve, all your doing is wasting acetone, but what I think your trying to say is if you can drive your truck fill with acetone, I'm not sure, if it will hurt something??? As for me, I paid $13.74 for a gallon of acetone at WALMART, while a gallon of diesel is $4.05 I've read that the 2 OZ per 10 gallon will give you more HP and TQ, and your engine will last longer. I'm doing this to my truck, because I will be getting either a NEW DODGE or FORD within the next 3 to 4 month.

Thanx

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it true the 08 or 09 6.4 has TWIN turbos and to remove the motor the dealer needs to remove the cab from the chassis? :clap:

HI MONSTERPLOW, That is true!!! I still haven't made up my mind if i'm going the buy the FORD or cross over to DODGE?????? Once the warranty is over, the FORD STEALERSHIP will bent-u-over, on the repair bill !!!!!!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI MONSTERPLOW, That is true!!! I still haven't made up my mind if i'm going the buy the FORD or cross over to DODGE?????? Once the warranty is over, the FORD STEALERSHIP will bent-u-over, on the repair bill !!!!!!!

Dodge is not ant better on out of warranty work, and that life time warranty does not cover diesel trucks. I have a buddy at dodge and he said it's misleading.

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dodge is not ant better on out of warranty work, and that life time warranty does not cover diesel trucks. I have a buddy at dodge and he said it's misleading.

HI DOGMAN, That is correct on the DODGE lifetime warranty, It does not cover the diesel or srt gas engine. The thing that bother me with the NEW FORD SUPERDUTY is the fact that you have to remove the cab to work on the engine !!! How many book man-hours is the dealer going to charge for removing and re-installing the cab ????? Most of my trucks and cars have been FORD !!! But I'm not going to let FORD take food out of my son's mouth !!!:dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI DOGMAN, That is correct on the DODGE lifetime warranty, It does not cover the diesel or srt gas engine. The thing that bother me with the NEW FORD SUPERDUTY is the fact that you have to remove the cab to work on the engine !!! How many book man-hours is the dealer going to charge for removing and re-installing the cab ????? Most of my trucks and cars have been FORD !!! But I'm not going to let FORD take food out of my son's mouth !!!:dunno

Well I did a head bolt job on a SD and I did it in 16 hours. But I use to work for ford so it was not a big deal for me. They (DEALERS) say two days for the work. Figer 2 hours to pull the cab and 4 to hook it all back up, the rest of the time is tare down and cleaning and reinstalling the heads. You can pull the front off and do it too, hood,finders and grill but thats a pain. Some of the dodge boy pull the cab to, it's just EZer to work on the motor

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did a head bolt job on a SD and I did it in 16 hours. But I use to work for ford so it was not a big deal for me. They (DEALERS) say two days for the work. Figer 2 hours to pull the cab and 4 to hook it all back up, the rest of the time is tare down and cleaning and reinstalling the heads. You can pull the front off and do it too, hood,finders and grill but thats a pain. Some of the dodge boy pull the cab to, it's just EZer to work on the motor

HI DOGMAN, Getting off the subject, Those PIT-BULL are beautiful !!! I had a black-n-white one that was the best dog I ever had, most people around here have the brindle. I'll say Ford have the best frame-n-suspension, but the 6.4 have some issuse, I'm getting ready to buy, I need a diesel truck that won't break down, give good MPG, be comfortable, must have 4X4 !!! The CUMMINS is a great engine, gives better MPG than the 6.4, but don't like their tranny( 68rf is suppose to be alot better) and the look of the body does nothing for me, frame is weaker, I'm not a boy-racer, won't be pulling or towing, just going to use it as a family hauler, sometimes mite use the bed to carry washers, stoves, dump some debris.;tu

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the black and white is stunner, the brindle is diesel and the other one thats not posted is rosta he's black and brindle there all brothers. there a hand full there to smart for there own good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58