Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
supply and demand ? no demand no supply= price goes high

??

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a Kenwood. At $140 including harness, adapter etc it is hard to compete against a rebuilt / repaired $200-$250 Ford unit. I could not find my particular unit anyhow...will keep you posted on results -- am replacing a dorked up headlamp switch while the dash is apart.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a discontinued Alpine double din unit that I got for like half the original MSRP.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a Kenwood. At $140 including harness, adapter etc it is hard to compete against a rebuilt / repaired $200-$250 Ford unit. I could not find my particular unit anyhow...will keep you posted on results -- am replacing a dorked up headlamp switch while the dash is apart.

Good choice on the radio. Hope it all worked out.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to come back and give my results...

After 9 months with the new Kenwood, I can say I don't much like it. Really. The user menu is pathetic to make simple changes like frequency adjust. The buttons are too small when you're trying to hit one while bouncing around. There is no way to dim down the bright blue light of the display. Finally, I put a bluetooth module into it too, and it often gets hung up and displays "Downoading" for hours on end.

That said, I do like these things:
a) stuck a jack into the extra speaker outlet in the back and ran a female jack to my steering column. Now I can run with my noise-cancelling headset on and understand the the words coming through. (I know, I know)
b) ability to plug in an IPOD for flash drive.
c) the bluetooth adapter is pretty handy for hands-free calling, but not any better than what I already had. Except...you can see who's calling you.
d) HD where available, is great. Where I live, not so great. It cuts in and out a lot. But when I get it the audio quality is SO much better.
e) remote control is handy to wade through the pedantic user interface to make adjustments, and it fits in the empty 1/2 of the double DIN space, using the provide cubby hole.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I still use my CD-6 that came with the truck. It works with the steering wheel controls, has the speed sense that increases the volume when the road noise increases, and with the PIE FRD-AUX adapter, plays my SiriusXM radio when I press the AUX button.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Im also lookin for a in dash dvd player with maybe gps capable. Any of you use a double din in dash dvd/gps combo? Pioneer and kenwood seem to be the most popular.

burtpulizzi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cell phone jammer is an interesting and helpful device when we don’t want to be bothered by the cell phone noise. I just bought myself a cell jammer the other day, it is working great and BTW, it’s legal here in my country.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58