What to do to run wvo or bio?

PSD02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what things have to be done to my truck to run wvo or bio? This is my first diesel, 2002 F-350 CC 4X4 7.3 auto tranny w/ 4:10 gears, bully dog programer and 4" exhaust. Guages are on the way.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Are you interested in filling up soon from a nearby supplier or looking into building your own processor?

All the fuel plumbing is ready to handle BIO and WVO but the concentration you fill up with differs region to region as the colder the weather gets the more #2 Diesel has to be added to keep the fuel liquid.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
welcome... im not a bio or wvo person so i cant really help.... i do remember hearing something about ruber lines need to be retrofitted with bio compatiable but that might just be for 97 and before...
Start HERE :tu:

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSD02

If you are going to run bio-D all you have to do is carry an extra fuel filter for when you fuel filter clogs (Bio-d is a good solvent and will break up any crap that has built up in your tank and fuel system of the years running filthy #2) Depending on how many miles you have on your truck it might take awhile and you shouldn't have to do it more than once or twice.

As for WVO you will need a couple extra things esp since we are all running DI engines. The basics are a separate tank and fuel system, extra filter on the truck, and a way to heat the WVO....either electric, or by coolant, or by both.

If you have any questions just post them or try http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/159605551
I used this site to help me get all the information I needed before making my conversion a little over a year ago.

I would reccomend building your own system (That is half the fun) but if you have a few extra dollars sitting around there are plenty of companies that make some very nice equipment/kits that you can basically slice and bolt on.

Last edited:

PSD02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the all the info. I will probably try the bio and see how it works out. I have heard rumors that the milage and performance will fall off somewhat running the bio though. Is this true? Anyone?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I suspect this is true due to the fact that bio and WVO has less calories per gallon than diesel (less energy). 10% less is what I am hearing. My mileage has stayed basically the same since I started running Bio. I have not gone on any long trips so I have no idea about the road mileage.

Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
PSD02 said:
Thanks for the all the info. I will probably try the bio and see how it works out. I have heard rumors that the milage and performance will fall off somewhat running the bio though. Is this true? Anyone?
I think I may have lost 1 MPG at most but the overall performance gain is worth it at least to us:sweet

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
If there is any difference you will never know. I ran B100 for 6 months and felt performance was exactly the same. My mileage actually improved but only 1-2 mpg. Many nay-sayers will tell you your performance will be noticeably lower and mpg too but then it is my estimation they are among those that try to find any reason to keep buying foreign oil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14