What to do to run wvo or bio?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I think I may have lost 1 MPG at most but the overall performance gain is worth it at least to us:sweet

I may have lost 1mpg too.:dunno Kinda hard to check with all the modifications I've been doing lately, especially since only top off every 1500 miles or so.:thumbs

The lubricity of the fuel is well worth it for me! Your engine will breathe a sigh of relief, you can tell by how quiet it runs when using higher concentrations. Imagine how long an engine would last using quality biodiesel from day one.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I can vouch for an old friend with a 00 PowerStroke that has logged over 20k burning his B100 but losing maybe 1-2 mpg. I've driven his truck and have to say it runs better than our Excursion on low WVO blend:D

PSD02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info. I think I will try some bio, just bought 3 new fuel filters and threw them in the tool box. I hope I am understanding everyone correctly that the filters are all I need to run bio, not wvo. Now the only thing to do is to find some close to home. The closest bio I have found is about 40 miles from here, and I'am not sure what type bio it is, meaning
b100 or b99 or b12 ect, ect ,ect.:confused:

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Midwest, most commonly it's B20. Small chance it's B5. Possible you'll find a place that also carries B100. Should say on the pump, but you might have to ask.

smokin_stroker00

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
PSD02 said:
Thanks again for all the info. I think I will try some bio, just bought 3 new fuel filters and threw them in the tool box. I hope I am understanding everyone correctly that the filters are all I need to run bio, not wvo. Now the only thing to do is to find some close to home. The closest bio I have found is about 40 miles from here, and I'am not sure what type bio it is, meaning
b100 or b99 or b12 ect, ect ,ect.:confused:
I have the same problem as you so I am getting the B100 then mixing my own ratio. Have had no problem with filters clogging. I thing the biggest problem is with the people that don't change filters that often in the first place. The only problem i have is the trucks seem to be getting harder to start with the cool night with the high bio content so it will be time to drop back to a B20 before long

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey smokin_stroker00, Please fill out your signature in the USER CP above. This will help us to help you. Where do you live?

Dave :)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I run both and have a heated system. I don't bother calculating my B-100 mpgs because it's only used for start up, high idling & shut down fuel. I don't have a fuel meter on my transfer pump so I have no way to calculate the mpgs on my WVO. If you think a PSD is quiet on B-100 as many have noticed...heated WVO is way quieter still. :sweet :drive

smokin_stroker00

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Hey smokin_stroker00, Please fill out your signature in the USER CP above. This will help us to help you. Where do you live?

Dave :)

Filling out the signature will not help any just ask hheynow there is no helping me:sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14