What would this be for?

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
yea the heater still works there is just a 3 foot section of hose on each line one side had a female connector and the other side has a male connector. Yea I have 2 optimas the other one is in the other battery tray on the other side.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do they hook up to, another truck??? or like a coolant machine on wheels???

crazy! do you have heat? or is the circuit broken by that stuff.

do you have 2 batteries? kinda hard to see from your pics.

Probably several versions.. but the systems I've worked with (?).. Many of the buildings had a tank & pump set-up, inside... with a manifold of valves and hoses outside, at each parking area.

Idea being: Ya pull up, hook up the QD fittings, turn on the valves.. then Warm, not Hot, coolant circulated thru the heater core, and engine (kinda, sorta).. for overnight/prolonged parking.... so you'd have instant cab and defrost heat. Kinda Sorta.

Lotsa Problems with leaks and such, as I recall.

I always just plugged my 250 in, electrically. :dunno

Last edited:

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I actually had an interview in St James with the city line department a few years ago, so I have been there.

My brother is the line foreman there. They have had alot of openings over the years as guys out of tech school use them as a first job then move on to a job closer to home or bigger bucks.

dpantazis

Reaction score
f100- are you saying that they use the truck as the mule to preheat other equipment? that is curious.

hoping TG can chime in and relate how the buffs got warmed up with 2 mules pushing all that hydro fluid in -100 in minot...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
f100- are you saying that they use the truck as the mule to preheat other equipment? that is curious.

hoping TG can chime in and relate how the buffs got warmed up with 2 mules pushing all that hydro fluid in -100 in minot...

I'd bet they never shut them off..or left one nacelle running..

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score

your kidding

AF birds always got hangered in the cold , you know breaking nails and all when its cold :coffee:lmao:lmao

seriously when i was up in Bismark, they had heated floors in the hangars
the aircraft sure did like that warmth
sure made it nice working on them all warm and cozy :sly

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated floors.......sheesh....I was just outside doing a General Test Flight on a Blackhawk and it was -04 degrees C down here in East L.A. Very cold for here.....it was warmer at 5000 feet! Dang perversion layers....

crb478

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Being a RR truck it I highly suspect that the truck was used to help warm up diesel trains and equipment. It is a common set up on construction sites for diesel bull doziers and track hoes. Hook up the truck to the equipment and let it run for 20 or so minutes to warm the other motor then see if it will start hopefully without a jump.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14