Question What's on the right front that doesn't like to get wet?

dpantazis

Reaction score
yeah, and that gigantic propeller of a fan will sling water everywhere if you get some anywhere near it too. do the water test and see if you can isolate the area.

many of us will WASH our engines by spraying them with engine bright then putting a bag over the alternator then start the truck and hose it all down. no pressure, just water from the hose.

dp

BryceBurden1990

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hmm that's an interesting problem you've got, my first thought would be the IDM or PCM, but they both on the driver's side and at the back of the fender instead of up at the front. I would probably do as said before and start spraying one area at a time with it running until it dies and then start by looking in that general area. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Bryce

ToddOH43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Was the hood open when all this happened? I'd have to go look at my truck and see. Sounds like the flux capacitor is gettin wet but who knows :dunno:D. I'd just leave the truck runnin and do yer tests like dp said. :sweet

Nope, hood closed both times.

yeah, and that gigantic propeller of a fan will sling water everywhere if you get some anywhere near it too. do the water test and see if you can isolate the area.

many of us will WASH our engines by spraying them with engine bright then putting a bag over the alternator then start the truck and hose it all down. no pressure, just water from the hose.

dp

Never "washed" my motor, but based on my "unscientific" approach of opening the hood within 30 seconds of the truck dieing I can tell you that the water was isolated to the right front of the engine bay, primarily on the inner fender.

Hmm that's an interesting problem you've got, my first thought would be the IDM or PCM, but they both on the driver's side and at the back of the fender instead of up at the front. I would probably do as said before and start spraying one area at a time with it running until it dies and then start by looking in that general area. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Bryce

Its interesting all right, but more of a pain in the azz than anything else. I suppose I'll figure it out sooner or later.

BryceBurden1990

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Another thing I thought about since the last time I was online, does your truck have two alternators, mine does and the one is down towards the bottom of the engine on the RIGHT side, not saying it is but could very well be the very thing that doesn't like to take a bath:rolleyes:.

Bryce

ToddOH43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Another thing I thought about since the last time I was online, does your truck have two alternators, mine does and the one is down towards the bottom of the engine on the RIGHT side, not saying it is but could very well be the very thing that doesn't like to take a bath:rolleyes:.

Bryce

Nope, only one alternator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58