whats the best programmer for my 6.0?

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
alldiesels said:
i am not trying to be mean, just stating the facts, SCT is the BEST way to go, it is all custom tuned, not just a tune out of the box that will work on all trucks.
robert
out

So is there a programmer out there that offers a custom tune--like SCT--AND the ability to change programs on the fly--like Banks?? I find it cumbersome to change programs with my SCMT based on towing or not towing, and I don't like using the same program all around.

Powersmokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the triple dogs are when u add the outlook monitor but i have heard of people havin trouble witht hat monitor workin? :dunno

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is the SCT xcal2, Any good vendor will cut you three programs of your choice. I have experance with Tadd at ATS but I dont even own a 6 leaker... I installed his tuning on my brother-in-laws and WOW that thing is fast and shifts sweet...

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Your best bet is the SCT xcal2, Any good vendor will cut you three programs of your choice. I have experance with Tadd at ATS but I dont even own a 6 leaker... I installed his tuning on my brother-in-laws and WOW that thing is fast and shifts sweet...

But the SCT is similar to the SCMT in that you've got to plug it in to change the programming, right??:confused:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but very few of the plug in modules have any kind of tranny control.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Yes, but very few of the plug in modules have any kind of tranny control.

I'm assuming you mean that since the SCMT doesn't have a tranny control, I am unable to tow above 8000lb on economy or 6000lb on high performance because of what it might do to the tranny?

Are there any towing weight restrictions with the SCT? If I could tow my TT on any of the settings it might be worth it for me to get an SCT versus a six-gun or equivalent.

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
I'm assuming you mean that since the SCMT doesn't have a tranny control, I am unable to tow above 8000lb on economy or 6000lb on high performance because of what it might do to the tranny?

Are there any towing weight restrictions with the SCT? If I could tow my TT on any of the settings it might be worth it for me to get an SCT versus a six-gun or equivalent.

The SCT allows shift points to be changed. Talk to Kermit from what I understand he has the best towing package with the SCT. That was my reason for getting and SCT and going with him as the programmer. I tow daily.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCT tunners can boost line pressures, change shift timing and times, they can build tow programms that have a real tow-haul with braking. You dont really want to tow in a race file or Tadds insanity but you could. Out of all the differant options out the SCT Xcal2 is the best.

kline925

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
explain how the sct works with the tranny and how the edge platinum doesn't work with the tranny ?my understanding they approach the tranny the same way.( they trick the computer) and not directly control the tranny as far as line pressure?

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...
NOT being an expert - just a user, I'll take a shot at your question....

from all I hear, the Edge does not plug into the tranny control module and therefore can only FOOL the computer as you say... by defueling to shift or whatever most of the modules do.... sooo, it's addressing the SYMPTOM/RESULT of higher HP/TQ shifts rather than controlling the shift...

Now, the XCal reprograms the tranny control module making it change the WAY it shifts and the shift characteristics IN the tranny to limit slippage, convertor wear...

Does that 'splain it ?

good luck !

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58