Question What's Wrong with my Blower Motor

diesel4camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this may sound kinda stupid, but my blower motor seems to be acting up. About a week ago my blower motor started to loose power, slowed down in rpms no matter the speed set, whenever I would turn the steering wheel to the right. That same evening I pulled into a store parking lot, shut it all down and when I came out it wouldn't come on, then as I exited the parking lot, I hit a small bump and it kicked on.

I haven't lost complete power since then, but it still slows down anytime I turn the steering wheel to the right.

By the way, it doesn't matter whether it is on cool or heat.

I also plugged in my code reader and got nothing back.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm stumped.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
That is a good one, My first thought would be a burned out blower moter resistor. I've seen some w/the resistor windings burned through but still touching occasionally. Might fit with the changing over bumps. But the turning of the steering wheel is a mystery....... Maybe some wiring rubbing under the dash? Rubbing the steering shaft?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
That is a good one, My first thought would be a burned out blower moter resistor. I've seen some w/the resistor windings burned through but still touching occasionally. Might fit with the changing over bumps. But the turning of the steering wheel is a mystery....... Maybe some wiring rubbing under the dash? Rubbing the steering shaft?

I'd go burnt wiring connection..
pull the resistor & start there, both the connections are right in the same area..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also check for a weak or lose ground.
Doug

And along with that.. Check all the multi-pin connectors, under the hood and under the dash.. that have to do with your Heat & AC controls. The ones under the hood are known to get corroded over time..with the blower on high, a good wiggle test, will sometimes indicate the one(s) that need cleaning ?

Also.. The Blower Motors just git tired.. they're not the pricey.. and easy to R&R. :dunno

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the price I found on Ford Parts, good luck
Blower motor
99-07 $130.38 $69.11

diesel4camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went out earlier this evening and was getting ready to replace the resistor, wiggled some wires and got in the truck to see if I had removed the correct plug and guess what? The blower was working just fine with the plug I had undone disconnected.

So, I guess I didn't have the correct plug unplugged from what I thought was the resistor.

Put all back together and will try and trouble shoot during daylight hours.

Anyone have a pic of the resistor and its location. I used a pic and description from another thread, but that wasn't the correct plug. Didn't even resemble the one I bought.

Would having the blower resistor disconnected still allow the blower to function. I wouldn't think so, but it is me, and anything that shouldn't does and vise versa.

Thanks again for all the input so far.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Would having the blower resistor disconnected still allow the blower to function. I wouldn't think so, but it is me, and anything that shouldn't does and vise versa.

Thanks again for all the input so far.

it's going to have high only

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr