wheel bearing assembly

TheMulletBurden

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I need to swap the studs from my old wheel bearing assembly to the new one. If anybody has any tips or tricks on how to do this I would really appreciate it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Put two nuts on the stud and tighten them against each other. Then remove the stud by turning the nuts to the left, or counter-clockwise.

Dave

dpantazis

Reaction score
Dave- respectably, its not that easy.

TMB- look in the wiki for a bearing writeup. parts bag has parts numbers for new studs in the picture. its worth it to get them from the dealer.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
TikiWiki : Front 4X4 Hub Replacement
Dave and Dennis are both right. Yes that's how you remove them and yes they can be a pain. Try a little heat on the corner of the casting if you are in a bind. Easier to use new studs. All 3 of us are legit mechanics and I also do it for a living to boot ;)

dpantazis

Reaction score
didnt see a part number searched wiki c'mon some one on here has to be a legit mechanic with some experience.

wait, lemme see if i understand this, you join yesterday, don't introduce yourself, lob a question, then start insulting everyone when WE can't cater to YOUR problem on YOUR schedule.

you wanna try this again?

show_image.php

TikiWiki : Front 4X4 Hub Replacement

many of us can appreciate it when wrenching goes wrong and in general, peoples questions get answered quickly, but did it occur to you that perhaps many of us are observing a holiday?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
wait, lemme see if i understand this, you join yesterday, don't introduce yourself, lob a question, then start insulting everyone when WE can't cater to YOUR problem on YOUR schedule.

you wanna try this again?

X2

FWIW, considering the time spent on extracting the old studs, I found it easier and less troublesome to just get new studs and put them in.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I beat the ever loving crap out of that wrench trying to get the studs loose. Ended up buying new ones.

show_image.php

show_image.php

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58