Wheels and Tires?

Millman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just finally purchased my 04 F350 FX4 and need to know what the max tire and wheel size can be used without modifying the current suspension system and tire wheel

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 33x12.5 tire will fit stock, a 35 tire will fit with a level front end kit. The leafs are a bit tuff to change but doable. Approx a 9 inch wide rim.

Millman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Recommendations

A 33x12.5 tire will fit stock, a 35 tire will fit with a level front end kit. The leafs are a bit tuff to change but doable. Approx a 9 inch wide rim.

Any Tire and Wheel recommendations with this in mind?

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go with what you like, I have nitto tires and like them. An all terrain tire will ride smoother and quieter than a mud tire.Mud tires look cooler.
find a nice set of used ones. Lots out there. Lots of nice looking rims. If it were me, i would see what i can find , save some money.

Last edited:

Millman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
go with what you like, I have nitto tires and like them. An all terrain tire willride smoother and quieter than a mud tire.Mud tireslook cooler.
find in a nice setof used. Lots out there. Lots of nice looking rims. If it were me, i would see what i can find used,lotsof stuff out there, save some money.

I never thought to buy used but I guess if you look around long enough you're bound to find a good deal...Thanks for the advice

Millman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a run at trying to find the right 8 Lug 170mm wheels that fit corresponding BF Goodrich Mud terrain tires...Found out that I had to run 16.5's with this tire size 33 x 12.5 x 16.5 in mind since I couldn't find 15's for this tire. I ended up locating these Mickey Thompson Classic II's.

What do you guys think of wheel and tire combo?

33x12.5x16.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain on 16.5x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II's

Last edited:

KYmxracer52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would personally go with a 16" and up. Stick with whole number sizes. Seems to be harder to find tires for a 16.5" rim. Go with what you like, but I just wanted to bring this up in case you didn't know.

Reaction score
Do not go with a 15 inch rim the reason you cant find any is because 15 inches will not fit and will rub the rotors. Double check those tires in a 16.5 cause the all terrains are on national backorder and hard to say when they will come in. I ran 305/70 R 16 with no issues at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58