where to buy engine block heater cord?

shelby69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Brother in law does not have a cord to plug in the truck, stealership gets $135 for the cord. Any suggestions where to buy at a reasonable price would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Scott

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brother in law does not have a cord to plug in the truck, stealership gets $135 for the cord. Any suggestions where to buy at a reasonable price would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Scott

IH parts will have it Cheaper, a good Parts house (NAPA and the like) can get them too.

Joe

shelby69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Help - Need part number for block heater cord and picture

Called NAPA, guy must not be that smart because he stated only goes up to 2003 and brother in laws truck is an 2006.

When you say IH, are you meaning International Harvester or did you mean NAVISTAR (previously called International)?

A part number from NAPA or any where would be appreciated. Need to get a cord so they can drive the truck. Amazing how I tried to tell them last year that a cord would be helpful but no, "that ford doesn't need a cord, it ALWAYS starts". Well so does my dodge and not so much for my jetta TDI - let me tell you, the starter smiles when it is plugged in for 2 hours before starting!

Also, I am assuming the heater is standard installation on every 6.0L diesels, a picture of where to plug in would be helpful. From memory I believe it is on the passenger side engine block.

Thanks

Scott

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called NAPA, guy must not be that smart because he stated only goes up to 2003 and brother in laws truck is an 2006.

* I would think a Cord is a Cord, is a Cord ?

When you say IH, are you meaning International Harvester or did you mean NAVISTAR (previously called International)?

**Yes, IH/Navistar.. same, same.

A part number from NAPA or any where would be appreciated. Need to get a cord so they can drive the truck. Amazing how I tried to tell them last year that a cord would be helpful but no, "that ford doesn't need a cord, it ALWAYS starts". Well so does my dodge and not so much for my jetta TDI - let me tell you, the starter smiles when it is plugged in for 2 hours before starting!

***You might call NAVISTAR.. or Ford for the PN, then call NAPA.. They, and maybe other Parts stores could Cross it ??

Also, I am assuming the heater is standard installation on every 6.0L diesels, a picture of where to plug in would be helpful. From memory I believe it is on the passenger side engine block.

Thanks

Scott

I'm a 7.3.. Not exactly sure where the heater is on a 6.0.. one of the others here will chime-in i'm sure.

shelby69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Found it - thanks for help

Found it - thanks for all your help.

NAVISTAR dealer - $39, Ford Dealer $139 WOW

Located above the starter on the passenger side.

Thanks again for all your help, beauty is the navistar dealer is open till 8 pm!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found it - thanks for all your help.

NAVISTAR dealer - $39, Ford Dealer $139 WOW

Located above the starter on the passenger side.

Thanks again for all your help, beauty is the navistar dealer is open till 8 pm!

Yet Another Sad Commentary on Ford Dealer Parts (not FOMOCO).... But

;tu Glad you found one.

Joe

mdemello43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Block Heater Cord

Just bought one on ebay last night for 19.75 including shipping. Seem to be pretty good deal compared to what the dealer had for sale.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had to install, or replace a block heater cord... But couldn't we make our own ?

I looked at mine this AM.. looks like a plain 'ol appliance cord to me :dunno

Anything special about it :dunno

Joe

Looks like about 5-10 bucks worth of wire and a plug to me.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is water tight and that would be difficult to do, but it is your truck so go for it if you want to. Let us know how it goes.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg