where to buy engine block heater cord?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a 6.0 are you real sure it don't all ready have one on it, I have had at least 3 people tell me that there trucks didn't have a cord on it and I would say may I see if I can find it and every time I found one.
Good Luck
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
ALL 6.0 trucks have the cord from the factory. It is hidden behind the passengers side headlight, behind the front skirt or grill. Later trucks don't have the cords if they were made for warmer stated, like California or Texas.

Dave

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's more like all 6.0l truck have the block heater...the cord was standard for several regions and available as an option on other trucks...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question:

Do PSD's, from the factory, Without the Cord.. come with the heating element installed in the Block ??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I said that wrong. All diesels from 2004 and earlier have the cords from the factory. Only those going to cold states have them after 2004. The element is in the blocks for all years.
sorry for the screw up...

Dave :(

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is water tight and that would be difficult to do, but it is your truck so go for it if you want to. Let us know how it goes.

Dave

I had one of our sparkies at work make me up a cord. I siliconed it and sealed it with electrical tape and have it running out of the grill instead of leaning over and trying to plug in that short ass cord from the dealer. Worked great, easier to work with.:clap: ;tu :D

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
My truck a 06 came from a dealer in Omaha Neb. and the cord if it would of had one was a 80 some dollar option. Bought a $20 cord from the local parts store that fit most over the road big diesel rigs too.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, but you're paying $ for the *plug on the other end where it plugs into the heater.

;tu

*I think they like to call those.... "Proprietary Component Attachment Assemblies" ? Don't they :dunno

(Big Words meaning: Rip Off Parts)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg