Where to get stuff chromed PART TWO

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
thanks to the info that jv had given me about JET-HOTT, i sent my boost tubes down to their Pascagoula, MS location last week.

just got an email from them, they will be ready to ship back to me next week, and the total was only 138.60, and 34.00 of that is for the return shipping cost.

:bama :bama :bama sounds like a great deal to me. they also gave me a 10% discount

i was thinkin it would be closer to 250.00 or even 300.00. cant wait to see them. i will definately take some pics when they arrive, so everyone can see what they look like.

Last edited:

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Feel free to have them ship them to my house, and then I'll ship you my gray Banks tubes and a check!!! :sly j/k

I was disapointed when I got mine, cuz all the Banks ads showed them polished/chrome then mine show up gray.

I'd like to get mine coated like that, but can't afford to have the truck out of commission for a week or two just for that. If I ever get any major work done, they will be sent off for coating first thing:sweet

Can't wait to see pics of how they turned out!:thumbs

On a side note, have you ever had any problems with the connector boots popping off (the one at the turbo), mine did twice on Wedneday:cussing: , first time i had to fix on side of the road and was not able to degrease stuff, which I'm sure had an effect on it happening later that night, got it degreased and put back together now. Hopefully it holds for a LONG time that a pain to do on a lifted truck, especially on the side of the road with only a crescent wrench:doh:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Feel free to have them ship them to my house, and then I'll ship you my gray Banks tubes and a check!!! :sly j/k

I was disapointed when I got mine, cuz all the Banks ads showed them polished/chrome then mine show up gray.

I'd like to get mine coated like that, but can't afford to have the truck out of commission for a week or two just for that. If I ever get any major work done, they will be sent off for coating first thing:sweet

Can't wait to see pics of how they turned out!:thumbs

On a side note, have you ever had any problems with the connector boots popping off (the one at the turbo), mine did twice on Wedneday:cussing: , first time i had to fix on side of the road and was not able to degrease stuff, which I'm sure had an effect on it happening later that night, got it degreased and put back together now. Hopefully it holds for a LONG time that a pain to do on a lifted truck, especially on the side of the road with only a crescent wrench:doh:

i talked to a sales rep at banks one time about the chrome looking boost tubes. she told me that they do not sell them like that, they only do those for the ads on the net and in the mags.

i thought it would be a good time to have mine done while my truck is in the shop, so there would be no down time.

is your connection at the turbo with the old banks big blue boot? if so, i was having the same problem.

check out THIS thread i posted awhile back.

banks will send you a new retro-kit. they re-designed the boost tube and boot. they sent it to me at no cost, to replace the old one.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Thanks Bama,
I've already got the new style, as I just got my stuff in December. I just got off the phone with Banks and they said if it does it again to thouroughly degrease/clean and then coat the inside of the boot with some "Permatex, High Tack" He said it will make it difficult to get off in the future but shouldn't ever blow off anymore. Hopefully I don't need to go that far!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Bama,
I've already got the new style, as I just got my stuff in December. I just got off the phone with Banks and they said if it does it again to thouroughly degrease/clean and then coat the inside of the boot with some "Permatex, High Tack" He said it will make it difficult to get off in the future but shouldn't ever blow off anymore. Hopefully I don't need to go that far!

good deal. there are some pictures on a thread on here, of a member using some turnbuckles to keep the boost tube attach to the turbo, even if a boot comes loose. he also did the same thing at the IC boot connections. it looked like a good thing to me.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i want the whole techni-cooler system...hi-ram intake...boost tubes...etc....but i really don't feel like spending 1400 on it....is there anywhere i can find that stuff for around or under a grand?.....and is it worth the money?....(bama i know i've asked you that before but ya know how it goes)

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want the whole techni-cooler system...hi-ram intake...boost tubes...etc....but i really don't feel like spending 1400 on it....is there anywhere i can find that stuff for around or under a grand?.....and is it worth the money?....(bama i know i've asked you that before but ya know how it goes)

Unless you buy used, how much of a discount do you realistically expect to get? Trying to buy a $1400+ setup for less than a grand is a ~35% discount and that's pretty unrealistic.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Unless you buy used, how much of a discount do you realistically expect to get? Trying to buy a $1400+ setup for less than a grand is a ~35% discount and that's pretty unrealistic.

my point!!!....im going to have to suck it up and fork it over!!!!....:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58