Where's a Fella supposed to get a USABLE truck at?

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Felt like Whinning...

New 6.4 has so many... "Cant touch this" type parts... or we'll void your warranty... Plus with that many more breakable sensors; and Particulate filter?!?!?

so thought I'd peak at the Cummins... Particulate Filter?!?!?! on the new 6.7

Won't ever think of a GM... no Izuzu's at my house, with Plastic break away bed sides.

so whats a fella to do...

All the new technology.... hmmm I am seeing a loss in Reliability...

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Stick with the Ford. Dodge trucks are poorly built and have you felt the seats? There is probably a steel beam in the padding. I sat in a brand new one for about 30 seconds and my arse hurt. Anyway the cummins will out last the truck.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
If I were to do the Dodge, it would most likley be a gen one.... Ive gotten picky in my older age... I say no to:.. no outer locking hubs..no manual X-Fer case, I still prefer a Manual Gear box.. other than that... creature compforts still are Elec window/locks, a/c decent sound system. and a real truck bed, the GM products seem to have gone to the plastic gods... Ive seen too many up here, that are mising an entire side because it got cold and found a rock... The 2nd gen dodges dont not have lock out hubs, so you are engaged all the time... I like being able to use Low range to manuver things with out have the front end locked in. Electric X-fer cases seem to fail.... when you need them the most. As far as the Drive train.... KISS ... the new "Clean" diesels have over complicated what used to be a simple matter of physics...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58