Which 2" lift for a '00 F-250

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Well ive decided my '00 F-250 Need a little more height and a better ride. Ive been looking at all the offerings summit has. Summit makes a 2.5" kit that includes a six leaf pack to add to the existing front leaves. It also includes a track bar relocation bracket. The kit costs $239.95. Anyone install one of these? Will it make the truck ride even rougher? I have stock bumper and no winch and will not be plowing with it.
sum-g781.jpg

Ive also looked at a pro comp 2" lift kit. The kit includes a new 6 leaf front spring pack, 4 new shocks, and track bar relocation bracket. The pro comp kit is $440.95.
exp-k4012.jpg

Im planning on installing either 33" or 35" tires in the future when i can afford them. I am just looking for a smoother ride on the street and less bottoming out in the dunes. Let me know if you have experience with either kit or other recommendations. Thanks

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I cant lift the truck higher because it wont fit in the garage. With a 2" lift i will fit a little larger tire and keep it on a budget. I ordered the summit leveling kit. I also installed a new Rancho steering stabalizer that improved the ride. Any suggestions on shocks? I only want to spend about $160. Ill post some pictures when i get the lift on.

Last edited:

arizona

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 02 f250 and want a leveling kit as well. Interested in what has worked for others. Thank you

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I tried a lift kit from 4 Wheel Parts (Pro Comp) and it sagged after a few years, so I got the Ford X code springs and replaced my 4 Wheel Parts kit. I am very happy with the results. Go with the X code springs and U bolts/nuts.

Dave

Last edited:

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I have the Pro-Comp 2.5" leveling spring kit on my 2002 F250. It didn't change the ride on my truck. I put the F350 blocks on the back also.
I already had the Pro Comp 6 way adjustable shjocks and they worked with the lift.

treyloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried out the rough country leaf springs. I'm trying to see how they ride and if they sag over time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim