Which 2" lift for a '00 F-250

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
After installing the Summit 2.5" leveling kit, the front became noticably higher than the rear. I then added Superlift rear add a leaves. This leveled my truck perfectly and gave it taller stance at least 3" in the front and about 1.5 in the rear. They have been installed since febuary and show no sag since installed. I did develop a vibration at 10-20 MPH. Anyone have any solutions. I removed the drive shaft and the joints seem to be fine.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
After installing the Summit 2.5" leveling kit, the front became noticably higher than the rear. I then added Superlift rear add a leaves. This leveled my truck perfectly and gave it taller stance at least 3" in the front and about 1.5 in the rear. They have been installed since febuary and show no sag since installed. I did develop a vibration at 10-20 MPH. Anyone have any solutions. I removed the drive shaft and the joints seem to be fine.

You could try to shim the carrier bearing, that's what they do on lifted trucks, I think mine is shimmed about 1.5 inches.

atk

Reaction score
ditto on shimming the carrier bearing...probaly anywhere from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch should do the trick...hope this helps

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Im not sure what you mean by carrier bearing. I do not have a carrier in my drive shart. It has a u joint at top and bottom with a double u joint in the center.

atk

Reaction score
is it a one piece or two piece driveshaft?....sounds like you have a 2piece shaft and if you do should be located close to where your double u-joint is(CV joint). it will be bolted to the crossmember and will support the driveshaft...if you don`t have this, then you have a one piece driveshaft and you will have to shim the rear differential with shims(they go where the factory lift blocks are), to get the proper u-joint angle back....hope this helps

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I have a one piece drive shaft without a carrier. I understand the concept of shimming the rear diff. I have done it on my jeeps multiple times. I just figured that with only a 2" increase in the rear suspension it would not be a problem. Being a long wheel base truck, a lift of this size does not usually cause a vibration.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
WOW!!

You are the first person I've met with a one piece driveshaft, that didn't have it custom made, consider yourself lucky IMO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim