Which gauges

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
Well i'm about to get a chip and was wondering which gauges i shouldd get besides the pyro. Truck is an 05 F2 6.0 with 6spd. so i dont guess i need a tranny temp but i was wondering if the boost gauge from the factory was worth a crap or should it be replaced or any others thanks for the input-cody

Reaction score
Well i'm about to get a chip and was wondering which gauges i shouldd get besides the pyro. Truck is an 05 F2 6.0 with 6spd. so i dont guess i need a tranny temp but i was wondering if the boost gauge from the factory was worth a crap or should it be replaced or any others thanks for the input-cody

Cody,

You can never go wrong with after-market gauges. I would get the boost gauge as well.:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant vouch for the factory boost gauge...no bigger than it is
and w/ the lack of numbers i doubt its all that accurate....we know
none of the other gauges are much more than idiot lights w/ pointers
on 'em.

you need an EGT at a minimum.

and since you dont need a trans gauge id probably
consider an oil pressure gauge or oil temp gauge instead.

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have in this order from the top, fuel press, pyro, boost, water temp.

ISSPRO black face red pointers. The look sweet. BTW, you'd be suprized how hot the 6-speed actually gets. I'm eventually going to get the overhead pod for oil press, oil temp, trans temp, and haven't decided on the last one yet.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
thanks for all the input guys, i know that there is a post on here about whether you should go autometer or isspro and it kinda seems like a draw. the isspro look a little cheaper on price, but still not sure which one to go with not jacking the post but...thanks again-cody

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Isspros... Now keep in mind mine are with Blue LED's, but if you get the black face with red pointer and add green LED's, they match stock to a T...

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Isspros... Now keep in mind mine are with Blue LED's, but if you get the black face with red pointer and add green LED's, they match stock to a T...

Those gauges are awesome.....seen less gauges in a plane!!!:sweet
Gotta get me some:wow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58