Whine!!!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
My HPOP whines and complains rather loudly on very cold days but is totally unnoticable when the engine gets to operating temps.

Ditto.
Anything 25 degrees and below. But I still run 15/40 dino in the winter.:sweet May try an oil swap, I heard synthetic helps some with the cold symptoms of these trucks.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Anything 25 degrees and below. But I still run 10/40 dino in the winter.:sweet May try an oil swap, I heard synthetic helps some with the cold symptoms of these trucks.
Thats been my experience also Antonio, but below zero she really whines.

Ripsaw,

When you mention the LPOP are you talking about the engine oil pump located in the pan?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
When we hit singles overnight and teens all day long a month or so back, whine was really loud. Reminded me of when I was in Leadville, Co in December a couple years ago. Started unassisted both times.

Ripsaw

Resident Cheesehead
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Ditto.
Anything 25 degrees and below. But I still run 10/40 dino in the winter.:sweet May try an oil swap, I heard synthetic helps some with the cold symptoms of these trucks.

I was going to try and go with a thinner oil but couldn't find a 10w30 or 40 that was rated for diesels. Where can I find 10w30or 40 oil that would work? I just kept using the same old 15w40 rotella.

Ripsaw

Resident Cheesehead
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
When you mention the LPOP are you talking about the engine oil pump located in the pan?

I'm talking about the two gears on the front of the crankshaft behind the cover and harmonic balancer.

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
I wish I had an answer for you, but thanks for bringing it up and as usual Jvencius and RoosterDiesel may have solved mine. Thanks again guys! :))

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Ripsaw said:
I was going to try and go with a thinner oil but couldn't find a 10w30 or 40 that was rated for diesels. Where can I find 10w30or 40 oil that would work? I just kept using the same old 15w40 rotella.

Oops, I meant 15/40, I use Rotella too. I haven't switched because the availablity of the lighter oils around here. I think synthetic Rotella has a lighter viscosity, haven't seen it around here.:dunno

Shawn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This same problem has been happening to me for the past 3 months, I thought it was the transmision, but I was noticing that the WHINE was following the BOOST PSI. So I called the PSD GOD at St. George Ford 435-674-3200 Dave. He told me to remove the Air Filter Inlet from the TURBO, then see if you can move the turbo shaft in and out if it moves more than 10mils then pull out your wallet, then see if you can move the turbo shaft up and down side to side if it moves more than 10mils then pull out your wallet. THIS IS WHAT I DID AND IT ALL MOVED. A NEW garrett ball bearing turbo that is ported and polished with an 88mmCompressor wheel will cost $1100. This turbo will bolt up to existing equipment.

IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM CALL: JOHN WOOD 760-356-9421

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14