White smoke under load

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I am getting a white colored smoke from the truck during hard accelleration (empty) and while towing. When towing it just puffs white smoke, under hard accelleration it will leave a cloud hanging.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I am getting a white colored smoke from the truck during hard accelleration (empty) and while towing. When towing it just puffs white smoke, under hard accelleration it will leave a cloud hanging.

umm...
dude, you just cannot F'ing win..
you and Jourdan been hanging out?

sorry..

you just changed the injectors, cracked cup maybe?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I just put them back in after they went to Beans. Would removing or installing injectors crack a cup?

09SuperDuty

Rockin` a F550
Reaction score
i`ve been told white smoke is raw unburnt diesel coming out... unless of course its smell`s like burnt syrup, but i don`t think thats your problem.... you just did injectors? somethings up there...

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I just re-installed my old injectors(with new o-rings) after they went to Bean's to get checked out. Smoke was a little lighter today than yesterday. I have my coolant level and oil levels marked. There is some sort of liquid in the exhaust. There is a black liquid leaking from the front side of the muffler. Not sure what it is mixing with the soot in there.

The worse part of this is that I need to be in Groton, CT by April 4th and I need to drop the trailer in WNY before that.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
umm...
dude, you just cannot F'ing win..
you and Jourdan been hanging out?

sorry..

you just changed the injectors, cracked cup maybe?

:lmao

seriously...makes you wanna scream! my starter finally took a dump on me saturday morning, so i replaced it with a rebuilt one from oriley's. That will soon be coming off because it just aint got the umph to turn that motor over...the brand new one is much bigger, but needs an extra bolt...which of course i didnt have at the time. needless to say...that will be coming of shortly...

the saga continues:dizzy

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I just put them back in after they went to Beans. Would removing or installing injectors crack a cup?

Well, maybe..
White smoke is moisture, so that would be my first thought.

Now, I can see some as condensation burns out of the exhaust (would account for your muffler "leak"), but I can't see it after the truck has been run for a while, and surely not just under load.

Where does your CCV vent to?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg