White smoke under load

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Well, maybe..
White smoke is moisture, so that would be my first thought.

Now, I can see some as condensation burns out of the exhaust (would account for your muffler "leak"), but I can't see it after the truck has been run for a while, and surely not just under load.

Where does your CCV vent to?

I have about 200 miles since the injectors were re-installed. My first couple trip to and from work after the install there was a lot of white smoke. Much less yesterday. I'll keep watching the side mirror to see if I see any difference today.

CCV vents to atmosphere.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have about 200 miles since the injectors were re-installed. My first couple trip to and from work after the install there was a lot of white smoke. Much less yesterday. I'll keep watching the side mirror to see if I see any difference today.

CCV vents to atmosphere.

OK.
I'll check back in this evening when I get home

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Just did a compression test. Everything is between 390 and 420. Found oil residue inside the I/C boots. I have had the CCV re-routed for 4 years so I doubt it is residual. Now to figure out what I am going to do for a turbo.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Found oil residue inside the I/C boots. I have had the CCV re-routed for 4 years so I doubt it is residual. Now to figure out what I am going to do for a turbo.

Bean's has rebuild kits where you can replace your own turbo bearings and seals.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Bill at powerstroke help.com. You need to tell him whats going on, he's in Buford, GA

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I don't think you can rebuild a 38r.

I rebuilt the turbo on my early 99 before I put the Dominator 66 in. Took more time to pull & re-install than to do the rebuild itself.

Give Bean's a call. Worst he can say is you're right, can't be done. But again he might tell you it's do-able for a lot less than a new turbo.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Called Bean. It maaaayyyy be rebuldable... by a turbo shop. The ball bearing turbos are not so shade tree friendly. I'll probably end up calling Dieselsite tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14