Who all tows a boat with there PowerStroke

StinkyShoe

C-Brat Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Crumm said:
A C-Dory only draws 8"??
Yup...relatively flat bottom (about 5 degrees deadrise), and very light. Which in addition to the shallow draft, makes them very easy to tow, and allows for pretty economical operation. A 75-90 outboard is splenty of power for the 22.

An example of the draft...check out the attached photos of one of our members down in FL.

StinkyShoe

C-Brat Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Crumm said:
So the boat draws 8" and the prop is below that right?

Correct...that's where you jet guys clean our clocks. :D

Those of us that venture into shallow water a lot, usually rig the boat with a single 75-90 main and 8-9 kicker - some folks rig with a pair of 40-50's.

With the large main+kicker, you can then raise the main to avoid prop/skeg damage, and put around on the kicker. The kicker prop just barely projects below the boat.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Yep. My jet unit is 2" higher than the bottom of the boat. At rest I need about 6" and cruising about 2-3" depending on the river bottom. When I do hit it ain't no biggie, 3/16" aluminum takes a beating with style. Running on step in 3" of water in a fiberglass boat would be asking for it. When it comes to the big bays and ocean the jet is not the unit though. That is where the big fiberglass units shine.

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
My Kawasaki STX 15F. OK it not really a boat? Want to buy it so I can go back to having a real boat? :D

BuggsIslandLake8212005019.jpg

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
i seen that boat somewhere else... hmmmm could it be over at Socal ps.

bowman you get that boat for 30k call me we will buy two , i went online and tried to build a new formula, couldnt even get wet for under 180k, yep they are my dream boats. if this rv stuff gets old thats next
he who dies with the most toys wins

www.powerboatlistings.com

Its like the 3rd one down in V-hull 30ft and under. Its in Wisconsin, but looks clean and not too many hours on the twin 454's. They have Formulas all over the place on there! What length are you lookin for?

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
My 05 PSD E350 4x4 and 01 Supra Launch SSV 22..... haulin from San Francisco to Lake Havasu in March... I'm hopin the fuel mileage isn't too bad...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14